Could I Use Something Other Than Vodka To Make 'paint'

Decorating By lucysmam Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 9:52pm by lucysmam

lucysmam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucysmam Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 7

out of lustre dust? Just for practising to get the effect I wanted? Would lemon juice work? Or something else maybe?

Thanks

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 7

Sure--lemon extract though--stuff with alcohol in it--even almond extract or vanilla is sometimes used. Clear products work best when you want to be real specific with your colors.

lucysmam Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 7

oh, I have nothing with alcohol in it at the moment. I will wait until after the weekend to practise in that case, thanks for such a quick reply. I'll find something else to do now icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmam

oh, I have nothing with alcohol in it at the moment. I will wait until after the weekend to practise in that case, thanks for such a quick reply. I'll find something else to do now icon_smile.gif

You don't have any extracts in your house?

lucysmam Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 7

I have nothing at the moment, had a kitchen disaster a short while ago & a lot of stuff got ruined. Luckily nothing too expensive to replace, just a pain that there's nothing I have here now I could have tried. That's why I was hoping maybe lemon juice would do as a substitute until I can get out for some vodka after the weekend

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 7

Just so you know i tried lemon juice once and it didnt really work for me. It turned my "paint" into more of a slime. I was so frustrated thinking "they said on CC that lemon juice worked", i got on, checked it out and it was lemon extract, talk about a DUH moment!

lucysmam Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 7

I'll steer well clear of any other ideas like that then & wait for my car back to get out & re-stock

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%