Glycerine?

Decorating By ambolil Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 2:53pm by ambolil

ambolil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambolil Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:38am
post #1 of 9

THE BOTTLE SAYS IT IS USED TO RESORE THE COLOR OF ICING. HOW AND WHEN WOULD YOU USE THIS PRODUCT. (SORRY, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS).

8 replies
Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:02am
post #2 of 9

Hi.I use it to make fondant or sugarpaste . The recipe that I use requires 15ml. I was told that it's used for keeping the fondant soft & pliable.HTH icon_smile.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:15am
post #3 of 9

If your paste icing colors are dried out, you're supposed to be able to add some glycerine to fix the consistency. It's never worked for me, and I figure if the color is old enough to be drying out, I should probably spring a buck or two to replace it.

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 9

You can use glycerine in royal icing to prevent it from drying so hard. You can also brush it over fondant if you want a nice shiney glaze

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:18am
post #5 of 9

I've noticed that when I make MMF without glycerine the color doesn't look as vivid. So I guess it does help with color.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:59am
post #6 of 9

Like redpanda said, you're suppose to add to the color paste & restore it. I've done it successfully when I needed that color (it was one that came in a Wilton bday pack) and it worked like a charm. It did take more than I thought it would though

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 5:07am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda

If your paste icing colors are dried out, you're supposed to be able to add some glycerine to fix the consistency. It's never worked for me, and I figure if the color is old enough to be drying out, I should probably spring a buck or two to replace it.

Ditto.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 5:22am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda

Ditto.

Ditto thumbs_up.gif

ambolil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambolil Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:53pm
post #9 of 9

thanks so much for all the information! It is good to know that it has many uses!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%