Fan Drying Royal Icing ??

Decorating By kimmy37 Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 2:52am by Molly2

kimmy37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmy37 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 6

So...my latest semi-disaster... I have two cakes for tomorrow. One will have "18" sitting on top of it, the other will have a princess wand with a star on it. I made the numbers and star out of fondant....last night (i'm a loser!) icon_surprised.gif) Anyhow.... needless to say, the fondant wasn't quite how I wanted it. I had a feeling it wouldn't harden up right. I was right... now, I'm thinking I might make these items out of royal icing and let the fan blow on it all night. Do you think that will be long enough for it to dry? I could also try more fondant...get it right and let the fan blow. Or I could just cut out the shapes from colored foam sheets (last resort! I hate that!) Ideas????

5 replies
kimmy37 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 12:52am
post #2 of 6

Oooo...is it that bad??

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:04am
post #3 of 6

if you have any gumpaste.. i would remake everything from gumpaste.. let the fan blow on it.. dust some cornstarch under the items.. then turn them over several times.. as the fan is blowing on them..

kimmy37 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:03am
post #4 of 6

great! Thanx! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:31am
post #5 of 6

If the originals are still round why not coat the backs w/melted (white?) choco? I've done that when I didn't have time for fondant to harden. Worked great icon_smile.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:52am
post #6 of 6

You could also make it out of fondant/gum paste and place it in the oven don't turn it on just let it sit over night with the oven light on it will harden faster

Molly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%