Ideas For A Volunteer Thank You Cake

Decorating By luv2c_cultures Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 6:00pm by luv2c_cultures

luv2c_cultures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2c_cultures Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:17am
post #1 of 12

I am needing an idea for a thank you cake for volunteers. The volunteers do a variety of things throughout the year, but I guess there is always an international theme to it. Any thoughts? Thank you!

11 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:29am
post #2 of 12

Could you be a little more specific about the type of organization they are volunteering for? That would help with a theme.

luv2c_cultures Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:06am
post #3 of 12

Sorry! I guess I was very vague in my description. LOL! The volunteers help international students in a number of ways, from adjusting to life in school to planning activities, marketing events, helping with taxes, teaching english, etc. I would do something with a world on it...but too complicated. Need something simpler as I am still a beginner. icon_redface.gif

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 12

What about a cake that incorporates flags from the countries your students represent? You could use fondant to cut the rectangles for the flags, then either pipe or use edible markers to make the designs on the flags. Then place them on the cake. If you need something ultra-easy to make, print the flags out onto paper (mini-sizes), use some adhesive to secure the flags to toothpicks or straws (for the flag poles) and stick them into the cake. Good luck!

Bec

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 12

I like the flag idea but would go a bit further w/ different flowers and "Thank You' all over it in lots of languages, sizes, &/or fonts etc.

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:04am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

I like the flag idea but would go a bit further w/ different flowers and "Thank You' all over it in lots of languages, sizes, &/or fonts etc.

The multi-language thank you sounds so great!

luv2c_cultures Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 12

Those are great ideas! Thank you!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:03pm
post #8 of 12

love the idea of "thank you" in various languages.

If you need help with translations, go to http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

please be sure and post a pic

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 12

I, too, love the idea of "thank you" in different languages.

Just a funny story -- A few years back, I was helping in an ESL class at my local high school. At the end of the year, they all signed a card to me that said, "We'll never forget all that you did to us."

It cracked me up!!!

luv2c_cultures Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:53am
post #10 of 12

So here is the picture of the cake that I made. It was complete disaster from beginning to end...I guess I wasn't feeling inspired that day. Had to take off the fondant about 3 times, I had MANY air bubbles, consistecy not right, etc.But in the end it turned out OK considering the hard time I had with it! LOL! Thank you for all of your ideas! I would have like to write thank you in different languages, but by the end I just wanted to get it done and over with! LOL!
LL

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #11 of 12

I'm sure they loved it!!! I actually have a cake in the oven right now for a Volunteer Appreciation luncheon tomorrow (my first sheetcake ever!).

You went over and above with your decorating. I just plan to put a border around it and write, "Thank You, Volunteers!" I am one of the volunteers and am making the cake for free, so I figure they can't complain too much icon_wink.gif

luv2c_cultures Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 6:00pm
post #12 of 12

You are right...they did love it! They appreciated that I even took the effort to even make the cake. icon_smile.gif But I guess we are all critical of our work.

I hope your cake turns out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%