Anyone Willing To Share?

Business By CakeInfatuation Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 2:44pm by __Jamie__

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 7

I'm researching contracts and order forms to see if I can find the best fit for me.

So far, everything I've found seems a little too involved and more than what I need.

If you bake and sell cakes out of your home, are you willing to share your order form and your contracts?

I'd love to compare what you've worked through or tweaked to find the right fit.

Also... have any of you come across a book that outlines some of these things to help simplify?

I've got an attorney to work with that can help me finalize and make sure I don't have any gaps. But it's the part that goes from my head to the paper that I'm unsure of.

I've never taken an "order" for a cake. I just find out what they want. But this is friends and family. I'm not worried about them getting mad or demanding a refund because I made it wrong. When I open up to the general public, I want to have that little safety net from the crazies. And good paperwork is the best defense I can think of for dealing with them.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate any help you are willing to offer.

6 replies
FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 7

Send me your e-mail in a PM and I'll send you mine. icon_smile.gif

cakesbyclaire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyclaire Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 7

Send me a pm and I'll send you what I made as well... When you come up with your own and have your lawyer look over it, I'd love to know what they say if you are willing to share! icon_smile.gif

littlesweetpea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlesweetpea Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 7

We fill out regular order forms for basic cakes. We're very thorough in asking what exactly the customer wants. Of course you will encounter those who have absolutely no idea what to order. You do your best to talk them through it. You can only do so much in pleasing the customer. If your thorough, & go through what they've ordered with them it should be fine. Always give them a copy! They cannot complain about the kind of cake, or what's on it if it's written on the order form.
Just be aware-there's always going to be someone you cannot please. Hopefully this is far & few between.
Wedding cakes should always have a contract with the "money" details & exactly what is required of you. Delivery, setup, flower details(if providing), location of reception, time, etc. We also have a separate cake order sheet that gives the details of the cake. Copies to whomever is doing the ordering. Email is definetley a plus. You can then save any correspondence you've had with the person.
These are just a couple of ways to go about it-hope it helps!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks Claire!!!

Jeanne, I sent you a pm. Did you get it?

-Stacey

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:23pm
post #6 of 7

I didn't.. icon_sad.gif Sorry. You can e-mail me @ jeanne.kalman @ welldressedcakes.com (just drop the spaces).

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 7

I love the one that CakeBoss has on their website. I use it, after I made some minor changes. It's free too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%