Sheet Cake Helppppp!!!!

Decorating By preciosa225 Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 11:04pm by kakeladi

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:05am
post #1 of 8

Ok, I know this may have been discussed before but I am tight on time and can't seem to find any information on it (I don't quite have a hang of the search option on these forums yet). I need to bake a 12 x 18 sheet cake (only one layer) but don't know how many WASC recipes I need to use. Can anyone help me?????

Please!!!

TIA

7 replies
TrinaH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrinaH Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:11am
post #2 of 8

I just use one recipe and it works perfectly.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:14am
post #3 of 8

Ditto, to TrinaH

preciosa225 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:32am
post #4 of 8

Thanks so much!!! I thought it wouldn't be enough and I didn't want to make one batch only to figure out that I didn't have enough batter.

One more question, do you put a heating core in this or flower nails? I only have 1 heating core and I'm not sure if that is enough because I've used it in a 10 inch square pan and it didn't help much.

Thanks again for your help!

TrinaH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrinaH Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:47am
post #5 of 8

I don't use a heating cores at all ... just flower nails.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 8

I never tried a heating core, but I do use a flower nail in these bigger cakes. It helps some. Don't forget to spray the nail first and I use a piece of waxed paper slide over the nail so it doesn't stick as bad.

preciosa225 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 9:38pm
post #7 of 8

THanks ladies! I actually used 8 flower nails in the 12x18 sheet pan with 1 WASC recipe and it turned out perfect! It baked up evenly and perfect. I use Wilton's Cake Release so I just rubbed some of that on the flower nails and wallah! Once I inverted the cake, I pulled the nails out with ease and no cake residue!

Thanks again for all your help! icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 11:04pm
post #8 of 8

........actually used 8 flower nails in the 12x18 sheet pan with 1 WASC recipe and it turned out perfect........

Oh my heavens!!!!! What *overkill!* icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%