Need Help!!

Decorating By ontariomom Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 1:43pm by LittleLinda

ontariomom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ontariomom Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 8

I am suppose to do a cake for Friday noon. It is a for a girl turning 16 and a boy turning 17. She will be getting her beginners to drive and he's into astronomy,now how do I incorporate these 2 into one cake that is suppose to serve 15 people? Any ideas would help.

7 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 8

Figures on top of cake. Car has to be convertable - She driving, hair flying car tilting to look just slightly out of control. Maybe an instructor in the passenger seat with clipboard looking a little scared. Brother looking out the back of the car with a telescope, not seeming to notice the car is out of control.

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 8

Drivers license with a constellation surrounding it. You could put stars of constellations on the side of the cake too.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 8

I'd go w/a 2 layer 8" round. Have cars driving around the bottom w/driver as described above. If possible I'd use frosting sheet pix.
On the top I'd put a telescope and stars (on wires?).
Maybe the message can come from the car's exhaust? (In white puffy dots)

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 8

What about a topsy turvey cake with the crazy driver and car and the constellations surrounding the cake or maybe their birth signs? Perhaps having "her" driving the Columbia and "him" looking out or in a astronaut suit?

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 8

A car driving on the Milky Way?

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 8

uuuhh, maybe not the Columbia....

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:43pm
post #8 of 8

A 9x13 cake is enough to feed 15.
I'm thinking of the "Back to the Future" car/time machine.
Draw that car going into a midnight sky with stars. The words can be from the movie: "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%