Commercial Oven ?

Decorating By tripleD Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 3:47am by Ballymena

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 5

does anyone use a commercial oven? My husband just bought it and it doesn't have a manual. is the temp. settings different for baking cakes?
I is a convection and I am not sure of settings. He was told they a diffrent than a standard oven. ant help would be great....looking forward to baking cookies 100 at time.

4 replies
Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:37am
post #2 of 5

A convection oven, commercial or home, bakes faster and more evenly than a normal oven because of the fan circulating the hot air around everything. It works great for regular baking and cooking, set it 25 degrees lower than the recipe requires. I'm sure that if you do a convection oven search online you will get a lot of info. on it.
I do not use mine for cakes. They cook too fast even with the temp lowered and I am not happy with the results.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 5

What brand is it? I used one for several yrs.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:40am
post #4 of 5

It's a Duke E 101 series.

I just baked 300 cookies in it wow. I had to adjust the temp. t0 300 for 15 minutes the cookies are beautiful.
I took only 45 minutes for all 300 I love it!!!how nice it was to get it done this fast.I should have had this long ago.
any other suggestions would be great.

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:47am
post #5 of 5

I don't have a commercial convection oven just a regular size but even that allows me to do 3 large cookie sheets at a time. I used to hate baking cookies but it's not a chore now. I use a small ice cream scoop for drop cookies and for rolling balls of cookie dough. That really speeds it up. For rolled cookies I have a large silpat mat and 2 strips of 1/4" dowel the same length as the mat. I tape them down to my counter top, one on each side of the mat. I purchased a 2" diameter dowel, a few inches wider than the mat and that is my rolling pin. I put the dough in the centre, pat it down as much as I can with my hands and then roll it out between the dowels. It gives me 1/4" cookie depth and perfectly even. I don't need flour on the bottom because the dough doesn't stick to the silpat, I use a little on the top so the rolling pin doesn't stick. Not adding flour for rolling keeps my cookies crisp and tender and not tough. If you want your cookies thinner purchase a smaller diameter dowel. Works like a charm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%