Strawberry Daiquiri Cake?

Decorating By susanscakecreations Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 11:56am by snarkybaker

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 15

I have a question. I want to make a strawberry daiquiri cake for a friend who loves strawberry daiquiris..............if I make the WASC cake, could I replace the liquid in the cake with strawberry daiquiri mixer?
Or if there is a better way..........can you help me????????

Thanks for the help!!!!!!
susan

14 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 15

That is what I was going to suggest you try. Replacing some of the liquid with that. The only thing is I don't know how strong of a strawberry flavor it would have... unless you used strawberry cake instead of the white cake. I like an intense flavor so I would opt for the strawberry cake. Or somehow incorporating some fresh strawberries in it.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 15

I just saw a cake in the recipes section for Lemonade cake. They used frozen can of lemonade. Could you use a can of the strawberry Daiqui in the cake? I wouldn't waste the alcohol IN the cake as it will bake off.
Flavoring the frosting might work as well.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 15

How about a rum cake with strawberry cream filling?

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 15

I am going to give advice that I am pretty sure will be ignored, but here goes anyway. If you are really trying to get the taste of a strawberry daquiri, starting with a cake mix will give you something that is WAY TOO sweet to taste anything like a strawberry daquiri.
The three tastes in a strawberry daquiri are lime, strawbeery and rum. To keep it ligh and " daquiri-esque", I would make a lime chiffon cake, soak it with a rum simple syrup and fill it with a fresh strawberry filling.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 15

txkat - that sounds very yummy!

snarkybaker Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 7:10pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

txkat - that sounds very yummy!

Thanks. I bartended my way through college so I have a passing familiarity with a daquirir. ( Maybe we're a little too familiar if you get my drift icon_rolleyes.gif )

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:33pm
post #8 of 15

Yum! THese all sound so good! I may have to try all of them to decide!!!!!!!
Although I do like the rum lime strawberry combo!!!!!

Thanks everyone!
U guys rock!!!!!

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 15

txkat, that sounds delicious. When you say rum simple syrup, are you referring to acohol or rum flavoring? I am doing a cake in a few weeks for a girl who loves daquiris and she told me to make any kind of cake I wanted so I'm thinking your suggestion may be a wonderful surprise for her.

snarkybaker Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 10:06pm
post #10 of 15

rum simple syrup - 1 cup H20, 1 cup sugar - cook over medium heat until boiling. Turn off burner. Add 1/4to 1/2 c rum of your choice.

Brush ( or pour) over cake while still warm.

bettinashoe Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 10:32pm
post #11 of 15

I'm going to try it. Thanks so much.

bettinashoe Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 12:58am
post #12 of 15

I made the daquiri cake as you suggested, snarkybaker. This cake was absolutely wonderful. Thanks so much.

sweetcakes2825 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes2825 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:12am
post #13 of 15

Help!!!! I am new to the baking thing but, I have been doing ok so far. I have just been asked to do a Barbie for a 4yr old birthday. I was wondering does anyone have a suggest of how I can replace Barbie's face with the little girls pic

bettinashoe Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:53am
post #14 of 15

Do you have access to a edible image printer? If you do, you could possibly transfer that and then try to attach the paper to the face. The only problem with that is the edible paper is crisp so you would have to soften the back of the paper enough to get it to bend around Barbie's face. The other alternative would be to sculpt the upper body instead of using a doll. That would be my suggestion.

By the way, your post came on the end of the daquiri cake post so I'm not sure you'll get many responses to your question. You may want to try to repost it as a new topic.

Good luck.

snarkybaker Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 11:56am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettinashoe

I made the daquiri cake as you suggested, snarkybaker. This cake was absolutely wonderful. Thanks so much.

So glad you liked it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%