The Fridge

Decorating By SassyBees2 Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 7:08pm by kakeladi

SassyBees2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassyBees2 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 5

So, I made a bc covered cake last night. I need to cover it in fondant and do all my accents, but I need to make this more in advance than the other cakes I have done. How long can it sit out while covered in bc and fondant? Should I just stick it back in the fridge? What say you, my friendly cake bakers? *lol*

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 5

According to posts on this site (sorry can't fine to link) tt's best not to frig cakes.......it actually dries them out quicker. Freeze it...even if it's just overnight.

Once it have b'cream on it - even if it's just a crumb coat - it can sit out as much as 3 days. Just remember the longer you have it out the less time the customer has to consume it.

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 5

I have a question about putting cakes in a refrig. I baked my cake on Thursday night , kept it well covered and decorated it this morning w. a vanilla pudding filling and BC.. I thought the drop was today at 3:00, but when I looked at my notes, it is really for tomorrow at 3:00, so now the cake is in the refrig. Is it OK or will it be stale?
Thanks

SassyBees2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassyBees2 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 5

marion.......I answered you other post....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%