Need Help On Maxine Cartoon Cake

Decorating By sunkiss456 Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 3:25am by Ayanami

sunkiss456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunkiss456 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 8

I think I am going to do a maxine cake for a 50th birthday but I am wondering, how do I get the image perfect on the cake? I tried transfers once and it turned out horrible. Maybe it was the icing I used? I use the buttercream recipe from seriouscakes but then again maybe i took it out of the freezer too soon? Is there anyway to perfectly outline the picture and just fill in with star tip? Thanks for your help!

7 replies
Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 8

I prefer to make fondant puzzles from cut out fondant pieces. Here's a link to another thread on the topic.

HTH

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6243170-.html#6243170

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 8

I just did a maxine cake yesterday and made a colorflow picture from royal icing and put it on top of the cake. Took a picture of Maxine and went to Kinkos to blow it up to the size I wanted... worked great for me

Ayanami Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 8

I've done FBCT, CF & MMF puzzles & I (personally) prefer the MMF. It's easier to work with & you don't have to wait on drying/freezing time & it's easier to handle cause you are placing one piece of the puzzle onto the cake at a time.

But then again, I'm a bit lazy, well just a procrastinater really. icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

Plus I like the smooth, picture like finish of mmf puzzles.

sunkiss456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunkiss456 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 8

thanks for the help. I was thinking of doing fondant cut outs but I wasn't sure how it worked.

Ayanami Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 8

thumbs_up.gif Good luck. I can't wait to see the finished cake. Let me know if you have any questions. icon_biggrin.gif

ladeebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladeebug Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:00pm
post #7 of 8

Hi. I did a Maxine (and her dog, Floyd) out of chocolate. In my pics. Good luck!

Ayanami Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:25am
post #8 of 8

ladeebug - awesome! that is soooo good! thumbs_up.gif
LUV IT! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%