Need Help From The Guitar Cake Decorators!!

Decorating By merciermom Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 6:18am by erikamj

merciermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merciermom Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 1:14am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone!!! I have been asked to make a Jackson Bass Guitar cake for a birthday. First I would like to thank everyone that has either answered a question or posted their valuable information about the guitar cakes posted on CC!!!! Here is my question, I am pretty new, I have already made my templete of the guitar which is going to be life size. But when I cover it with Fondant how should I do it?? The body of the guitar has points on the ends, SO I dont know If I should cover the whole body with one piece of fondant and try like heck to get those pointy sizes covered as best as possible.... or should I cut fondant strips to cover the sides of the guitar and cover them then cut the fondant in the shape of the templete of the guitar and then cover the body??? Does this make sense??? any help will truly be appreciated!!! thank you CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merciermom

5 replies
Davina_Alloway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davina_Alloway Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:27am
post #2 of 6

Oooh Good Question. I think I would use one giant piece of fondant for the body and another for the neck. And if you don't want a line to show... I just wet my finger with water and rub very gently on the seem. And some times I use a paint brush if I'm pressing to hard to avoid a dip. GOOD LUCK!!!

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:43am
post #3 of 6

I did my guitar in two pieces, I covered the body with one piece, then covered the neck with another, then slid them together. Here's a link to my cake if it will help.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1176679.html

I also took pictures as I put it together so if you think those would help please feel free to pm me and I can send them to you!

Good luck!

Anya

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:47am
post #4 of 6

When I made my guitar cake I covered the body with one piece and the neck with one piece. On the sharper corners/turns I used a sharp knife to cut a wedge out of the fondant so it would fit on the side.

Good luck. Be sure to post a picture when you are done.

C

merciermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merciermom Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 3:15am
post #5 of 6

thank you all so much!!! I love this website!!!! and more importantly I love ya'll!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!

erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:18am
post #6 of 6

For mine I used one colour for the top, one color for the sides and one for the neck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%