Dowels In The Boobs??

Decorating By Briniga Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 2:22am by Briniga

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 5

Hey I just made a lingerie cake...see my pics the 1st pic...& then I was thinking, should I have put dowels in to support the boobs, or will they'll be ok? Please tell me they'll be ok!!! lol Thanks!

4 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:38am
post #2 of 5

I think it would depend if there was a filling in the boobs or not. (please everyone, no puns) From what I can see by that pic, the boobs probably didn't weigh that much. I think the support dowels are to support weight, so if there is not that much weight then you would probably not need the dowels.

On the other hand, it couldn't hurt to use dowels. Just be careful that the cake doesn't sink around the dowels incase you cut the dowels too long. The cake should look realistic, but not too realistic!

Briniga Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:42am
post #3 of 5

Theres no filling in the boobs...lol The boobs are not that heavy, so I guess I wont need dowels, plus I dont want to do that, cuz Im afraid I'll really mess it up...so Im thinking it will be fine, thanks icon_smile.gif

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 5

I did a bikini, boob cake...what I did is I got the boob, and I cut off the bottom part of the boob, which is really the top part when its in the pan...pan Im speaking of is the 4 muffin pan for maybe the bottom of a dress?...I just sliced and made it FLAT...took the curve off...iced bottom and stuck it no cake...and her boobs were heavy...didnt fall....I think the picture is in my gallery.

Briniga Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:22am
post #5 of 5

Yea...it didnt need dowels, the cake was a suceess, thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%