Peach Bellini Cake Question

Decorating By mcdonald Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm by cylstrial

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 8

Okay... I am setting out to make a peach bellini cake for my boss because he likes peaches.

I was going to make a champagne cake and use a peach filling. any ideas on a peach filling? I was going to use the one that I saw the other day where you use fruit preserves of whatever kind of fruit and match it up with jello of the same flavor. Any other ideas?? I feel the filling needs a bit more punch but not sure what to punch it with.

any input is appreciated..

7 replies
mcdonald Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:06am
post #2 of 8

anyone have any suggestions?

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:17am
post #3 of 8

Maybe brushing the cake with peach schnapps. It is great in bellinis too!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald

Okay... I am setting out to make a peach bellini cake for my boss because he likes peaches.

I was going to make a champagne cake and use a peach filling. any ideas on a peach filling? I was going to use the one that I saw the other day where you use fruit preserves of whatever kind of fruit and match it up with jello of the same flavor. Any other ideas?? I feel the filling needs a bit more punch but not sure what to punch it with.

any input is appreciated..

Yum! I've never heard of mixing the preserves with jello. Do you add anything else to it? Thanks!

saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 8

There was an amazing peachy keen cupcake that was one of the CCCC recipes... you could use the glaze (which was amazing) as a filling... and for sure you can take the idea of subing out the water in the cake recipe for peach juice

heres the link to the cupcake thread
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-604895-peachy.html+keen

mcdonald Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 9:55pm
post #6 of 8

I forgot about that cupcake thread.. that's a great source!! Thanks for the tip!!

As far as the filling I was referring to.. someone posted it here in a thread and I am sorry I can't give them credit because I don't remember...

You just take a regular jar of jam / jelly / preserves or fruit filling.. whichever you want and what ever flavor you want and warm it in the micro for about 1 minute... then pour the flavored jello in it and mix it up. The jam is just warm enough to blend in the jello. I made it with strawberry and it was so good.. and think... no chance of that stuff running anytime soon.. I love the possibilities and the fact that it won't go bad....

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:37pm
post #7 of 8

Mcdonald, do you have to refrigerate this filling?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald

I forgot about that cupcake thread.. that's a great source!! Thanks for the tip!!

As far as the filling I was referring to.. someone posted it here in a thread and I am sorry I can't give them credit because I don't remember...

You just take a regular jar of jam / jelly / preserves or fruit filling.. whichever you want and what ever flavor you want and warm it in the micro for about 1 minute... then pour the flavored jello in it and mix it up. The jam is just warm enough to blend in the jello. I made it with strawberry and it was so good.. and think... no chance of that stuff running anytime soon.. I love the possibilities and the fact that it won't go bad....

Thanks for sharing! It sounds really good.. I'll have to try it sometime!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%