Wires That Come Out Of Cake For Decoration???

Decorating By sweetycakedelights Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 6:50am by Cakepro

sweetycakedelights Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 10

does anyone know where i can find these online??? thank you so much everyone icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

9 replies
adven68 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 10

you can google floral wires. They sell them at Michael's or any craft store.

cassi_g16 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 10

I use either 16 or 18 gauge floral wire. You can get it at just about any place that has a craft section. I get mine at Wal-Mart.

sweetycakedelights Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:30am
post #4 of 10

thank you!!! im sorry it took me a while to post back i have a new baby, so i get on here when i get a chance, thank you soo much though!!! kika icon_biggrin.gif

Cakepro Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 10

But don't stick the wires directly into the cakes!!

sweetycakedelights Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:23am
post #6 of 10

oh ok, i was under the impretion that people put them directly into the cake, good to know thumbs_up.gif

CareyI Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:38am
post #7 of 10

What do you stick them into? I also thought the cake.

mkolmar Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 5:44am
post #8 of 10

You can fit the wires in those little coffee straws. That way the wire is not touching the cake which is very important especially if the cake is acidic. (something like a lemon cake with lemon curd.)

CareyI Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 5:56am
post #9 of 10

Thanks mkolmar...Do you use wires when you do lettering too or do you use toothpicks to stand them up on a cake?

Cakepro Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:50am
post #10 of 10

I use either toothpicks, cocktail sticks (which are just longer toothpicks), or bamboo skewers, depending on the weight of the pieces that need to stand up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%