Last weekend I was doing a practice run on an Elmo candy melt. It was a very large and heavy piece since I used the elmo pan to make it. When I took it out of the pan it wasnt shiny at all - in fact is was very dull. Could it have been the age of my candy melts? I've never had this problem before.
That's a possibility. Have you tried taking a clean cloth and rubbing it?
Oh, just thought - it might be that you over heated the melts.
Don't know if this helps or not
There is a couple of things that could be causing that.
1. If any moisture got to them. If they have been around for awhile there is a higher chance of moisture finding their way to them.
2. If you overheated them. Only do 10-15 seconds at a time if you are microwaving them, stirring every time.
Hope that helps
Thank you ladies. It is quite possible they were overheated. I usually heat 20 seconds at a time - I'm too impatient!