Monday Cake That I Want To Make Now!!!

Decorating By cakesbyjen Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 1:22am by cakesbyjen

cakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:08am
post #1 of 8

lol, so i'm very impatient... and it's caused some problems in my baking world, i've had to learn to adjust to long mixing times by walking away or doing something completely different to take my mind off things!

but i'm doing a cake for my DS just because why not... and it's the chinese food box cake from the elisa strauss "the confetti cakes" book..

and it's only wednesday but I just want to decorate it NOW i'm just so darn excited!!! lol.... icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:24am
post #2 of 8

Oh what a fun challange! I feel the same way as you - when I get the request for a fun cake, I want to make it right away. My next one is going to be R2D2 for Feb 15th - it seems like forever!!! Good luck to you!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:26am
post #3 of 8

Well walk away and do something else! haha

Practice, practice, practice. You want to better yourself don't you?
Get your things out and practice.
As for Monday's cake: aren't there things you can create that will be used on the cake? Like sushi? Or the chop sticks? Work on those until they are *perfect!* icon_smile.gif

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:29am
post #4 of 8

Have fun! I want pics when you're done!

cakesbyjen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:32am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnie99

Oh what a fun challange! I feel the same way as you - when I get the request for a fun cake, I want to make it right away. My next one is going to be R2D2 for Feb 15th - it seems like forever!!! Good luck to you!

oh! that sounds super fun! maybe in august for my BF's birthday icon_smile.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:33am
post #6 of 8

I saw the episode where Duff made one. I keep looking for an occasion to try a takeout box, nothing yet. Remember Duff's tip - extra shortening in the fondant so it goes through the extruder easily. lol - have fun!

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:36am
post #7 of 8

Oh...I have the patience of a 2 year old!!! Especially when it comes to ordering new cake toys!

cakesbyjen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:22am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Well walk away and do something else! haha

Practice, practice, practice. You want to better yourself don't you?
Get your things out and practice.
As for Monday's cake: aren't there things you can create that will be used on the cake? Like sushi? Or the chop sticks? Work on those until they are *perfect!* icon_smile.gif

lol, i'm trying buy it's turning into me refreshing CC forums and realizing that i'm TOTALLY GETTING NOWHERE...... haha, hopefully some crazy topic gets started where i can be really involved....

Image<---me, wondering if it's monday yet!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%