White Almond Sour Cream Cake....omg!

Decorating By karenm0712 Updated 9 Mar 2007 , 2:21am by jamiesue

Tolinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tolinda Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:20pm
post #151 of 177

yummmyy, that sounds so good!! but anyway, i was wondering if any knows if instead of regular white cake box mix if i could substitute it for the angel food cake mix? would it make it lighter?

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:10am
post #152 of 177

Hey Tolinda I am not sure about making it lighter. I think it would make it more dense. And don't know if it would raise like an angel food cake is suppose to. This is just my opinion and I don't know for sure what it would do.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:15am
post #153 of 177

neni, I just noticed that you're in Anaheim. I used to live in Garden Grove.

mmichelew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmichelew Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:12pm
post #154 of 177

Someone asked about pudding in the batter. I have added pudding each time I've made the cake and they've turned out wonderfully.

I would ask for opinions on this, though - I've been asked to do a Key Lime cake for a friend of mine for her anniversary (they had a key lime cake for their wedding cake). I thought I would tweak this recipe by adding key lime juice and then making a key lime curd for the filling. Any other thoughts, suggestions??

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:21pm
post #155 of 177

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I filled cupcakes for the first time last we. I made the White Almond Sour Cream recipe and it came out great.

I made an Orange curd and filled the cupcakes. I put a BC damn around the edge and poured a chocolate ganache over the top.

They were delicious, and fun.

2sweetcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sweetcookies Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 6:32pm
post #156 of 177

I just made this cake and seperated the batter to try different flavors. I just made cupcakes for people to try, got great reviews.

I added coconut extract instead of almond and flaked coconut.
I also made a spice cake and omitted the almond and added cinammon, nutmeg and cloves. YUM!

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 6:51pm
post #157 of 177

Ooohhhhh, I can't wait to try this cake, filling combos recommended here. thanks to all!

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 7:40pm
post #158 of 177

Sounds Fantastic!!!
Can't wait to try it

meghanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanb Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 8:34pm
post #159 of 177

Well.
I made this cake for my in-law's 25th anniversary. I used the recipe for strawberry cream filling from the CC site as well.

SO GOOD.

My husband said it was one of the best cakes he has ever tasted. I have to agree. It was just delicious. I will definately make it again.

Audraj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Audraj Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 8:40pm
post #160 of 177

MeghanB - Hey, how are you?

I made this cake over the weekend for my dad's birthday and made homemade raspberry filling. It also was one of my best tasting cakes. Yummy!

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 9:38pm
post #161 of 177

From what I can see this is basically the same recipe as using the cake mix extender other than adding the almond flavoring. I have not tried this recipe as yet but use the extender all the time. I also don't understand the need of putting pudding in the cake. If it is really good like it is, why the pudding?

I'm thankful that someone pointed out the use of the almond extract for those allergic to nuts. I had never thought about that. I use it in my BC all the time.

The next cake I do I will use this recipe. I printed it long ago and just haven't tried it.

Diane

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 2:39am
post #162 of 177

mmichelew, I have only one question.................will you send me a piece of THAT cake??? Please??????? Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 8:25am
post #163 of 177

Ok I went ahead and tried it with my other recipe. I haven't tasted the cake yet. But tasted the extra cupcakes I made with the batter. They taste ok. They are even more dense than the original WASC recipe. I am going to decorate the cake tonight fo DH for Valentines day. So we will know tomorrow how the actual cake turned out. Like I said though it seems extremely dense.

mmichelew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmichelew Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 2:32pm
post #164 of 177

LOL CarolAnn. I'll definitely let you know how the key lime turns out.

blissful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissful Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 3:36am
post #165 of 177

I just made this cake tonight and tried an extra cupcake I had... I found it to be okay. A little disappointed, thought it would have been better from all the ravs it was getting from all of you. It seems to be the same as the extender recipe, which I like. Maybe once I get filling and frosting on, it might be better.

lionladydi Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 4:53am
post #166 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful

I just made this cake tonight and tried an extra cupcake I had... I found it to be okay. A little disappointed, thought it would have been better from all the ravs it was getting from all of you. It seems to be the same as the extender recipe, which I like. Maybe once I get filling and frosting on, it might be better.

That's what I said--it's just like the extender recipe. I had a lady ask me tonight what kind of cake I used in her grandson's cake for his birthday (that darn Spiderman I hated so much). Wanted to know if it was a secret recipe. I told her it was such top secret that only the Pillsbury Doughboy and I know what it is. icon_lol.gif Told her it was a Pillsbury mix with the extender and explained what was in the extender.

Diane

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 6:38pm
post #167 of 177

WARNING!!!WARNING!!!!!!

The creator of the WASC cake failed to mention that if you bake it with your windows open,your home will be attacked by wild animals!!! In my case squirrels the size of cats!![/b]
LL

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 6:44pm
post #168 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destini

WARNING!!!WARNING!!!!!!

The creator of the WASC cake failed to mention that if you bake it with your windows open,your home will be attacked by wild animals!!! In my case squirrels the size of cats!![/b]

icon_surprised.gif holy cow icon_eek.gif

Did you give them a sample? icon_lol.gif

lionladydi Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 6:57pm
post #169 of 177

No worry here. It's too darn cold to have my windows open! icon_lol.gif Maybe you should have made them a cake of their own. Squirrels need a little attention once in a while............. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Diane

kats0916 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kats0916 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:57pm
post #170 of 177

I tried this recipe with a red velvet cake mix yesterday; hands down the best red velvet cake I have made to date. I added 1/2 oz red food coloring to the batter in a half recipe. I think this is the best so far. When I treid the chocolate version I was not impressed, not chocolate enough for me. But this and the white are great!

Paintedlady201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paintedlady201 Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:59am
post #171 of 177

Lord have mercy, my house smells so good from baking this cake. I've only tried the batter so far, and YUM!!! I've got a homemade raspberry filling chilling and the cake in the freezer. Can't wait to try it tomorrow.

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 8:03am
post #172 of 177

OMG Destini.....that's a huge squirrel! Great photo.

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 11:35am
post #173 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany

OMG Destini.....that's a huge squirrel! Great photo.

I was absolutely terrified when taking it,but no one believed me when I said the squirrels were attacking the house. So I had to get a picture.

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 3:12pm
post #174 of 177

I use this recipe all the time. I have used different cake mix flavors with it and it tasts great!

jamiesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiesue Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 1:37am
post #175 of 177

I know this is an old thread, but I was going to try this cake for my sister's b-day (someone wants an almond flavored cake for a baby shower, so sis is my guinea pig). It does look like the cake mix extender. When I have used the extender I found the cake to have something weird about it. Not sure if it is the texture (maybe gummy although cake was fully cooked) or the taste was maybe floury or maybe both.

Anyone else have this problem, and would it be the same with the WASC?

lionladydi Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 1:56am
post #176 of 177

I think the WASC and the extender are basically the same thing although I have not tried the WASC yet. I have really good luck with the extender and have gotten more compliments on my cakes when I use it. Several times I have used 2 mixes and 1 extender and it was great.

Diane

jamiesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiesue Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 2:21am
post #177 of 177

Thanks Diane, I guess I'll just give it a go.
Jamie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%