1*24*09 Friday Night Cake Club?

Decorating By imakecakes Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 3:14am by GI

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:05am
post #1 of 27

Okay, seriously, does anyone know where Leahs is hiding? I MISS these--and her!!!

Anyone else up?

I have 3 cakes tonight--ballerina, black forest and simple choc.

26 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:14am
post #2 of 27

I have a cake decorating party scheduled for 9am tomorrow morning... they purchased my "gift box" party. So baked 3 - 8"x2" square cakes to cut into 4ths tomorrow. Made all the icing will pack it all up in the morn to take to the client's house. Getting very tired so I am about to go to bed. Good luck with your cakes!

imakecakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:20am
post #3 of 27

a 9am party?? That's waaaay to early!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:29am
post #4 of 27

. . . I just finished my son's 30th birthday cake . . . but my camera isn't talking to my computer so I can't upload any pictures . . . icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif . . . I made him an "old boot" . . . it's a long story . . .

ImageImage

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:40am
post #5 of 27

tell me more about this cake party stuff....sounds neat (that dates me). i have given parties where I give basic cake deco.lesson to the guest, but never thought of trying to "sell" one....tell me more.

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:41am
post #6 of 27

yeah, I have also noticed that leahs has not been around for a few weeks - hope she is okay.?

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:52am
post #7 of 27

I'm up, just finished a Little Mermaid cake, and worked on some pieces for a contest coming up.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:54am
post #8 of 27

Okay quick question. I'm working on a Slice cake tonight. But I think it is too tall! icon_cry.gif Its an 8" round, approximately 5" tall.

Just in crumbcoated stage. Haven't iced it yet. Haven't cut into yet. It's torted, too. Shucks. Any ideas people?

(I too wonder about Leahs. I figured she was on a much-deserved vacation! icon_biggrin.gif )

dragonflydreams Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:55am
post #9 of 27

. . . leahs was around earlier this evening . . . so clearly she is okay . . . maybe she is just "off" tonight . . .

. . . I think I finally got my camera to talk to my computer . . . here goes . . .

ImageImage
LL

luv2cook721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook721 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:02am
post #10 of 27

I would also like to know more about the cake party. I used to do Pampered Chef so I could see doing a cake party. Do you sell supplies for someone or just teach techniques.

imakecakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:09am
post #11 of 27

There are threads about cake parties in the forums with detailed descriptions and pricing. Ther was one about cookie decorating in the beginning of Dec with tons of info. You can try a search, I' don't do classes so can't help you.

I'm glad to hear Leahs was on earlier!!! I was getting worried...

I'm whipped! I have a ton more to do, but I think I will try to cat nap and start again around 4. If anyone is still around then, I'll check back in.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:10am
post #12 of 27

Hi ladies. Thought I'd check in as I haven't been round in a while. Just finished a cake for a baby shower. It's being picked up between 8:30 and 9:00 tomorrow morning.

It was a very frustrating task because I struggle with corners. argggghhh... It's definitely not one of my better cakes, but I'll post it in the gallery anyway.

Now I'm gonna clean the mess. Double argggghhh...

GI Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:19am
post #13 of 27

Dragonflydreams - wickedly cool boot. That cake ROCKS!

So I just have to ask, ahem, forgive me. How does it feel to have your baby turning 30?! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

luv2cook721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook721 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:22am
post #14 of 27

Dragonfly, Cool cake, looks so much like the real thing that it might be hard to convince people it is ok to eat. You did a great job!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:42am
post #15 of 27

Dragonfly, that is one kick@$$ boot! You are awesome!

I think I'll just delete the pic I just posted as it isn't worthy of being in the same gallery with yours...LOL!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:51am
post #16 of 27

Noce job Dragon fly!...Looks so real I dont want to eat it!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

GI Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 7:48am
post #17 of 27

It IS a cool cake. I think its really cool for a 30 yr/old...

heh heh, "Give Your Youth the Boot!" icon_biggrin.gif

dragonflydreams Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 7:57am
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI

So I just have to ask, ahem, forgive me. How does it feel to have your baby turning 30?! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

. . . in a word . . . OLD . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

thanx everyone for your nice comments . . . I'll try to get a better picture tomorrow in the daylight . . . this one is alittle dark . . .

ImageImage

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 8:17am
post #19 of 27

Hi all

I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd see what everybody was doing tonight I don't have a cake due until next week. dragonflydreams I love your cake how did you do that? thumbs_up.gif

Molly2

GI Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:01pm
post #20 of 27

[quote="dragonflydreams"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI

. . . in a word . . . OLD . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
[quote]

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Yikes!!! Just tell everyone you were a child bride of 12 when you were married!! icon_lol.gif

dragonflydreams Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 10:24pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Yikes!!! Just tell everyone you were a child bride of 12 when you were married!! icon_lol.gif

. . . so funny you should say that . . . that is exactly what I say (12 . . . not when I was married - but when I had him - it is hilarious to see people's reactions . . . I usually let them off the hook after a few minutes) . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I have posted a "better" picture with more natural light in my gallery if you're interested in a better shot . . . thanx for looking . . .

ImageImage

GI Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:17am
post #22 of 27

I went and took a looksee---- you have more talent in your teeny tiny little pinky than all of my hard-earned efforts put together! icon_biggrin.gif Very, very cool!

(Ahem, I did say you looked very youthful, too, for having a baby at 12! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

dragonflydreams Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:34am
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI

I went and took a looksee---- you have more talent in your teeny tiny little pinky than all of my hard-earned efforts put together! icon_biggrin.gif Very, very cool!

(Ahem, I did say you looked very youthful, too, for having a baby at 12! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

. . . thanx for looking (and your comments - I appreciate it) . . . it really is a long story . . . and many months in the "planning" . . . but long story short . . . (when I asked way back in October what he would want for his 30th birthday) he said he wanted me to help pay for his verrrry expensive work boots . . . I told him no problem - and that I wanted his old ones for a "planter" when he was done with them . . . and then I kept nagging him . . . "don't forget - I want the old ones" . . . so for Christmas he wrapped them up and gave them to me - so now I had the perfect pattern shhh.gif . . . I cut one of them apart . . . shhh.gif (and will in fact use the other for a planter icon_lol.gif ) . . . when I delivered the cake yesterday, he thought I had "bronzed" his old boot and wasn't terribly impressed icon_confused.gif . . . and then . . . he realized it was a cake icon_eek.gif . . . and he WAS TERRIBLY IMPRESSED thumbs_up.gif . . . it was priceless . . . what more could a mother ask for (he made my day princess.gif . . . and I'm pretty sure I made his king.gif . . .) thanx again for the compliment . . . there were a couple of tense moments (when I wasn't sure if I could pull it off) . . . but I am happy with the result . . birthday.gifparty.gifparty.gif

ImageImage

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:42am
post #24 of 27

My bad...just now came back to this thread.

The cake party was fun but I totally forgot to give the hostess my "rules" sheet. The instructional part of the party should have only taken 2 hours tops with 4 attendees, but it ended up being 4 hours long! The women obviously belong to several groups - ie: bridge club, quilting club, bunko club, and a couple of other clubs nearly the entire time they gabbed about all their other events in the up coming months, whipped out their calendars and started scheduling dinner parties for these organizations all through the YEAR!

I felt like my being there was an inconvenience to them! But, finally got their attention and we did the cake project. I felt it was my fault for not letting the hostess know that one of the main things is that during the "class" there is no socializing other than to have fun doing the cake project. After it was all said & done they loved the party and had a great time.

I charge $25 per person, $100 minimum, and depending on where it is being held and the amount of time depends on how many people that can be accommodated. You can visit my site at www.cakes-divine.com to see how I further structure these parties. The link is on my home page for parties.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:42am
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

. . . I just finished my son's 30th birthday cake . . . but my camera isn't talking to my computer so I can't upload any pictures . . . icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif . . . I made him an "old boot" . . . it's a long story . . .

ImageImage

I saw your boot cake and I have to tell I thought it was a real boot! You did an amazing job!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:50am
post #26 of 27

cakesdivine, the cake decorating parties sound like a lot of fun!

GI Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:14am
post #27 of 27

Oh dragonflydreams, that is truly a mom-inspired story! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I'm balling my eyes out!!! sniff!! That is such a cool story! icon_smile.gif My son wears a size 15 shoe. icon_eek.gif I'd hate to have to make a cake that big! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

Criminy, aren't those boots expensive! I have Z-coil boots I wear. they cost a couple hundred bucks. But then, they last forever. I still have mine from 3 years ago.. I can't imagine purchasing for a man's size foot! I like that you used one of them to cut up! And that you got him good!!! Isn't it such a warm-hearted "awe shucks" moment when you see the look on his face! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Hey, you must've learned how to insert the emoticans icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I don't know how to do any of it except what CC gives us here to pick from! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%