So Where Did The Island Go?! Lost Is Back!!!!!!

Lounge By lanibird Updated 28 May 2010 , 1:23pm by janebrophy

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 10:11pm
post #181 of 599

Just might be threematbros! We've yet to see her this season, right? I hope it is her because I never understood her disappearance - the whole thing was so weird. But isn't it all?! lol

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 10:15pm
post #182 of 599

Ok I just read that two very interesting back story characters will be making an appearance tonight too! That is all I am going to say.

I am so excited for this episode!

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 10:46pm
post #183 of 599

I'm thinking Walt. Didn't Walt tell Hurley, in the Season 4 finale, that Locke came to see him?

2 interesting backstory characters? Man! Is it 8pm yet? icon_lol.gif

threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:00pm
post #184 of 599

Hey Maryj were do you read all this stuff from?

Not that I want to know too much - that takes away the excitement and surprise.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:01pm
post #185 of 599

OK - nap over! I really wasn't going to, but my daughter would not sleep and wanted me to lay with her - never fails...I fell asleep - hard!! So that 3 hours went really fast! haha!!

I CANNOT wait until 9!!!

I really hope that it is Claire, b/c I have never understood what happened to her either....hmmmmm....oh the excitement!!!

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:20pm
post #186 of 599

Thanks Bigsis, no Nyquil for me! I'll take some after the show, imagine the dreams I'll have tonite! icon_wink.gif

Two character??? Hmm, the possibilities are endless!!

I can't wait for nine!!! I still want to know if Ben & Sayid are on or off the island?? And where did Locke's body end up???

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:08am
post #187 of 599

OoOoo lanibird, Walt is a good one too...it makes sense.

My life must be so pathetic that a TV show is my main goal for the day, lol...

But we are talking about Lost, so... icon_lol.gif

Hope you slept well janel! What a great way to make to the time fly by! icon_razz.gif

maryjsgirl Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:14am
post #188 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by threematbros

Hey Maryj were do you read all this stuff from?

Not that I want to know too much - that takes away the excitement and surprise.

Here are some of my favorites...

(message boards)
http://forum.spoilertv.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=17

http://forum.lostpedia.com/index.php?s=5d03206c9d46f3bc2e79e13008a11356

(Lost Fan Sites)
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/

Yeah I am obsessed.

icon_redface.gif

bigsisof3kids Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:25am
post #189 of 599

Lostpedia is AWESOME!

Thanks for the links, Maryjsgirl

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:26am
post #190 of 599

At least you are not alone! We are all obsessed together.

Lostpedia is one of the 3 sites I go to daily. CC and Cake Wrecks are the other two.

bigsisof3kids Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:53am
post #191 of 599

Yeah, I go there often too. I just have to be careful of spoilers though. Sometimes I just stumble upon them, lol. I don't mind mild spoilers (like commercials and credits lists before watching a new episode), but I don't like huge spoilers. I was reading in a forum at the end of season 3 ( I had just started watching the show, and with not much interest at that time because I didn't have a clue what was going on at that point) and I got spoiled that Charlie was going to die! Maaaaan. Thankfully, I wasn't too invested in the show then, so it wasn't that big of a deal. But if something like that happened now, I'd be ticked.

I know, I'm weird icon_biggrin.gif

maryjsgirl Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 1:57am
post #192 of 599

I know the Lost Easter Egg site is pretty good at keeping spoilers hidden. They have an actual button you have to click on order to read things that are possible spoilers.

Man I would have been mad learning of Charlie's death beforehand! But, did you still cry? icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:04am
post #193 of 599

omg omg omg !!!! Ben ... John Locke ..... omg ! omg ! omg! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

bigsisof3kids Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:10am
post #194 of 599

Yes, because he was still Merry Pippin, the hobbit, and I loved him icon_smile.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:12am
post #195 of 599

I TOTALLY don't understand why Ben killed John instead of just letting him hang himself?????? WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE!

overall - great episode - I can't believe how grown up Walt it!

bigsisof3kids Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:13am
post #196 of 599

Awww, Helen died icon_sad.gif

Was this episode kinda slow to anyone else?

It was still good, but not as great as other ones. I liked learning about Abidon...

WALT!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

And the dream he said he'd been having... Locke in a suit surrounded by people that wanted to kill him or something... Interesting...

maryjsgirl Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:18am
post #197 of 599

I was a little let down this episode. These new people do not interest me at all.

******don't read if you haven't watched yet**********

Walt......boring. I was really excited that he was going to be on the show! What a let down! I was expecting more I guess.

The producers tricked me! They had hinted of a Helen reappearance. I was let down it was in form of a #$% tombstone. icon_mad.gif

I was hoping for more info from Abbadon. thumbsdown.gif

Abbadon did give the best line this episode..."boy's gotten big" icon_lol.gif

So now the big question...why did Locke know of Hawking? Did I miss that part? And why did it cause Ben to want to kill him?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:25am
post #198 of 599

re locke/ben...

did you note how Jin being alive surprised Ben.

needed locke alive long enough to extract info..

and after the surprise Jin --- that's when it seemed Ben decided to kill locke

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:31am
post #199 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

I TOTALLY don't understand why Ben killed John instead of just letting him hang himself?????? WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE!

But he didn't kill him until John said the woman's name. Things that make ya go "hmmmmm.....!" icon_rolleyes.gif

Ironbaker Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #200 of 599

This was slower compared to the first 6 but not bad. What is up with this Eloise? I think Widmore is right and Ben does not want John to know more than him about the island or to be it's "leader". Eloise must be a huge source of info or something. She's like Mother Island or something. lol I'm trying to remember if Locke was ever told about her...

Walt was a bore. That scene was just about useless.

Lt.Daniel! (his character on The Wire, that's all I see him as) Good to hear what was really up with Abbadon.

I wonder what country that is that the "exit" is in?

I can't wait to see Ben's reaction to Locke being alive. And I can't wait to see the reunions next week.

maryjsgirl Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:38am
post #201 of 599

The exit is in Tunisia (sp?)

Ironbaker Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:41am
post #202 of 599

OK. I knew I probably missed something.

And duh, Locke knew about Hawking from Christian.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:46am
post #203 of 599

betting walt will show up on the island!

bigsisof3kids Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:08am
post #204 of 599

It seems Walt must get back to the island...After Locke said goodbye to Walt, Abbadon said something like " 0 for 2, you're not doing so good" or something like that. Implying that Locke was supposed to get Walt back on that island.
Funny how they were able to use Walt's being older in real life to there advantage, it fits so perfectly, lol. Maryj, you're right, that was the best line tonight -- "Boy's gotten big!" icon_biggrin.gif

maryjsgirl Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:20am
post #205 of 599

OK here are some other random thoughts...

Daniel said that they couldn't change the future. But, isn't the fact that Whidmore remembers Locke from the flash changing the future?

I had another "duh" moment. The Losties CAN'T kill themselves! So is this why Ben killed him and he isn't truly an SOB?

It seems as though Jack, Kate, and Hurley flashed. They are obviously back in the past. But, are Locke, Ben, and the new people in the past? They didn't flash.

If Whidmore essentially brought Locke to the island and he is bad, is whatever path Locke on bad? Or is Whidmore actually good?

Ironbaker Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:37am
post #206 of 599

Why can't they kill themselves? Ben wouldn't have known that John would be the catalyst to get them back (by dying) would he?

I'm leaning towards Widmore being good. It seems to change each episode.

And I don't think I believe Helen is dead. Widmore could've staged that to keep John on course.

maryjsgirl Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:41am
post #207 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Why can't they kill themselves? Ben wouldn't have known that John would be the catalyst to get them back (by dying) would he?

I'm leaning towards Widmore being good. It seems to change each episode.

And I don't think I believe Helen is dead. Widmore could've staged that to keep John on course.

In the episode where Michael is in the States he is told he can't kill himself (by Mr Smiley I believe)...that the island won't let him. Same reason Jack was unable to kill himself.

Ironbaker Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 5:03am
post #208 of 599

Mmm forgot about that.

Another thing...the folks on the plane. It sounds like Hurley, Jack and Kate (anyone else?) flashed back and the others (new Losties, Ben, John...) are in present time. The pilot (Frank) went off with someone...Sun?

Back to Widmore/Ben. Maybe they're both bad? I want to believe he's good, especially after this episode, but maybe they want us to think that. He has done some dirt in the past also. He's just as ruthless as Ben.

And what's this war about?

maryjsgirl Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 5:29am
post #209 of 599

I don't know? I am not into the whole war storyline.

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:22pm
post #210 of 599

OMG!! I am a LOSER!!! I slept thru almost the whole episode, and woke up just as Ben was talking Locke out of killing himself! I SUCK!!! icon_smile.gif Darn cold, I can't believe I missed it! Glad to hear it wasn't that great!! I'll have to watch the repeat next week, before the new episode!

I've read all this, and don't know who Helen is, or Abbadon....hmmm. So did I see right, is Locke alive again, or is it just his "ghost"??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%