Valentine's Is Almost Here...

Baking By bakery_chick Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 1:12pm by GeminiRJ

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 15

What are y'all doing for Valentine's cookies?

14 replies
toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 15

Chocolate Covered Oreos with spinningleaf's big heart and several little hearts design

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

Chocolate Covered Oreos with spinningleaf's big heart and several little hearts design

Me too!! thumbs_up.gif I also got some of the plain molds and some really cute valentine chocolate transfers to put on them.

I'm also making some heart cookies that look like conversation hearts - I got a stamper that you can make whatever word you want, and the font is like on conversation hearts. Hopefully it will work!

BitsnBites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BitsnBites Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 15

Well I was thinking sugar cookies (of course), homemade fortune cookies dipped in chocolate with personalized messages, homemade heart shaped oreos, and maybe some raspberry sandwich cookies if I have time.

toleshed Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 15

ooh raspberry sandwich cookies? Is there a recipe for those? My dh would love those

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 15

I'm gonna be really ambious and and try 3d greating card cookies

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:10pm
post #7 of 15

I'll be doing NFSC with RI of course. And I wanted to try fortune cookies half dipped in chocolate. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:10pm
post #8 of 15

blah I ment ambitious

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:15pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by meegh

Well I was thinking sugar cookies (of course), homemade fortune cookies dipped in chocolate with personalized messages, homemade heart shaped oreos, and maybe some raspberry sandwich cookies if I have time.

I would love the recipe for the raspberry cookies as well ;o) thumbs_up.gif

mjballinger Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:25pm
post #10 of 15

I also saw a cute idea on some other website - you take a regular small pretzel and push softened caramel into the openings and form a bit of a point at the end and then dip in chocolate and decorate if you want. They looked really cute and chocolate, caramel and pretzel... who could ask for anything more?

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:44pm
post #11 of 15

I have never had a chocolate dipped oreo cookie, but noted so many during the holidays. They were very lovely and so creative. However, not being snarky here, I don't understand the appeal of them. Maybe I am just out of the loop, but I never thought of a storebought cookie as something special. Maybe I am a cookie snob? icon_surprised.gif I think if someone gave me a gift of dipped oreos, I would be disappointed. Not that the person didn't take the time to make me something, its just I am not that impressed with oreos. Just me I guess...I can get an oreo anywhere, but a handmade sugar cookie, or a spritz cookie is special. Also, don't your teeth hurt after eating a dipped oreo. My teeth hurt just thinking about it! Hope I didn't offend anyone, but somebody please 'splain it to me. dunce.gif

toleshed Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:48pm
post #12 of 15

oh rocketmom1985
I'm not an "oreo" eater either. But if you like chocolate, these are sooooo good. Kind of on the sweet side. So one is more than enough.

mjballinger Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:58pm
post #13 of 15

To each his/her own I guess. I don't normally eat Oreo's, but the chocolate dipped mint ones I love. My kids and nieces and nephews also love them, so I make them. Plus personally, we've had enough homemade cookies over the holidays to last us until next Christmas! My kids are sick of cookies and cake........so I have to switch it up for a while. Otherwise I'd have to eat everything my self and I'd be as big as a house.

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 11:05pm
post #14 of 15

Homemade fortune cookies??? Can I have the recipe and directions??
Pleaseeeeeeeeee???

Thanks.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:12pm
post #15 of 15

I can't wait to see what everyone is making! I hope you all post pictures. Obviously, I would be thrilled to see anyting 3D, so I'll be watching kayla1505! And mjballinger...caramel and chocolate are my favorites! Love your idea. Raspberry sandwich cookies? I'd love seeing that recipe! And homemade fortune cookies sound wonderful, too.

As for me, I'm hoping to try out a couple Peggy Karr designs on my sugar cookies. Can't wait for the weekend!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%