Question!!!!!

Decorating By felecia Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 7:55pm by felecia

felecia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
felecia Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 4:50am
post #1 of 6

Do you think you can use a spray bottle to add luster dust to a cake? I can kinda see this working if done really fast. What do ya'll think. I would use Vodka or Lemon Ext. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif [/img]

5 replies
banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 10:01am
post #2 of 6

Would the nozzle get blocked? Love to know how you get on if you try this!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 6

I use a small spray bottle (the small pump style - like a hairspray bottle) and mix pearl dust with vodka. Just make sure you don't put too much liquid - otherwise you'll have to spray a lot to get the effect you want and you'll end up with spots.

Go ahead, ask me how I know. Heh.

felecia Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 6

How you know...TELL ME!!....lol...So the one I was gonna buy is at Walmart. Where did you get yours?...OH BTW I love your name....he he POLEKITTEN

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 6

I don't recall where I got it from... I probably bought it for something else but never used it, and then inspirations struck and I used it for my pearl dust.

It's only about 3 or 4 inches high with a little pump top though. Should be pretty easy to find. If I had to guess, I either got it at WalMart (in the aisle with all the travel size soaps, etc.) or at a beauty supply store.

Hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

felecia Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 6

YEAP!! thats where i was gonna go!!..thanks a bunch!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%