American Idol '09 Thread

Lounge By michellenj Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm by cakemomof3

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:22pm
post #421 of 449

I'm for Adam, his music is upbeat and exciting...Kirs's is kinda borning and even toned, theres no way I'd buy one of his CD's to listen to in my car, I'd fall asleep!

Cant believe the Finale is tonight already!

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #422 of 449

I just knew it was going to be Danny and Adam in the final! Obvioulsy I was wrong. Adam should win but I am not sure if he will. Kris might be the "Upset Kid".

Oh, the coronation song, "No Boundries" is really bad. I kinda feel sorry for the winner, since he will have to record it, right?

Is it just me, but have ya noticed how Randy always introduces Simon before he (Simon) takes his turn judging the contestants? Not to mention he is always saying, "That was pitchy", "That was dope" and course, "Yo, dawg"

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:06pm
post #423 of 449

I am so tired of Adam "Screeching"! Yes he can sing but every song sounds like the last one. He's just way to dramatic for me. And then there is Kara............she needs to go. Half of what she says doesn't make any sense. She just tries way to hard.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:10pm
post #424 of 449

Oooh...check this out...there may be hope for Kris after all:

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/05/20/four-reasons-kris-allen-could-win-american-idol/

southaustingirl...I think they both recorded Kara's song already and whoever wins will have theirs released as a first single.

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:56pm
post #425 of 449

That finale song was a SHOCKER! So bad. I feel bad for the Idols having to sing such rubbish. And it was almost like it was pitched to suit Adam rather than Kris, the judges kept saying to Kris "you did well despite it being too high for you". You have to wonder if they did it on purpose.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:33pm
post #426 of 449

I'm another kris fan. I also thought the finale song was horrible. I just hated adams version, kris' was tolerable. I do like adam, he reminds me of freddie mercury, but his high notes are a little screachie. I thought the songs they picked to do themselves were good, but felt the producers pick was a little unfair, I'm a huge al green fan but to put his song against a true blues classic was totally unfair to kris. Whoever wins, I think they'll both have a great singing career, I feel sorry for the rest of us that will have to listen to that finale song on the radio.

FlourPots Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:57pm
post #427 of 449

Kris' (producer picked) song was by Marvin Gaye.

It's true...no matter who wins they both have the potential to succeed.
So does Danny, in my opinion.
I actually think he's going to sell the most of all 3 in the long run...I love his voice.

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 21 May 2009 , 2:21am
post #428 of 449

Adam did not win tonight icon_sad.gif even though he ROCKED the stage with KISS tonight! thumbs_up.gif I can't wait for him to record an album. I'll be first in line to get a copy. Kris deserved to win. They were both talented!
The show however was amazing, the best they have ever had on AI! It was a good night overall. party.gif

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 21 May 2009 , 2:29am
post #429 of 449

YeahhH!!! Kris WON!!!

BakingGirl Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:00am
post #430 of 449

What a show! It is by far the best finale show ever. So many excellent performers. I loved the Bikini Girl part of the show, good on Kara for being such a sport. Got to give it to her, she is a pretty good singer!

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:29am
post #431 of 449

Well I voted for Adam but Kris won.. It is like Ruben and Clay all over again... But which one was more sucessful ? of course it was CLay.. It is gonna be the xact same thing.. Dejavu!! Adam is more popular and will be more sucessful thumbs_up.gif .. Kris is too weak and a mediocre. thumbsdown.gificon_razz.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:55am
post #432 of 449

WTG KRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:14pm
post #433 of 449

I was disappointed Adam didn't win because I think all around he will be more marketable etc...but the finale was phenomenal!!! The artist lined up were amazing!! It brought me back to the 80's again!!! Very well done..Better than any Americian music show in a long time by far!!! Loved Lionel Ritchie...KISS om my god!!! Rod Stewart even though he's looking old....Santana....Queen.....Fergie,Queen Latifah...Just great!!

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:34pm
post #434 of 449

I think Simon was shocked or mad that Kris won. All the judges stood up and applauded except for Simon. He must really have a man-crush on Adam.

......still think Adam should have won.

firstof9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firstof9 Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:45pm
post #435 of 449

Ya for Kris!!!! I have to agree though I think Adam will do better in the long run. There are both such likeable talented guys. Honestly usually by the end I don't care who wins because they have both have so much potential. Also, Simon was not happy. You could at least applaud the guy, my gosh.

Oh and is it just me or did bikini girl get a boob job. icon_smile.gif

BakingGirl Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:23pm
post #436 of 449

Oh, I think Bikini Girl definitively has had some "help" in the boob department. And was it just me thinking it, or was Rod Stewart smashed? He staggered down the stairs, nearly fell and I am pretty sure he was slurring at one stage.

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:38pm
post #437 of 449

Did you hear Ryan when Bikini Girl came out?! He said "I'd ask what's new with you, but I can see what's new." haha. Did you notice she was wearing the same swimsuit as her audition? And did you see how she was giving Kara a snobby once-over look after it was over, when Kara was trying to hide her bikini? What a *****! Kara sounded so much better! Good for her.

Before they announced it, DH and I were talking and said we thought Kris would win for 2 reasons. One, he's more like Danny, so most of Danny's voters would probably go to Kris, and two, people are probably tired of the judges pushing Adam as the winner the entire season, so they voted for Kris because America loves the underdog.

In my opinion, the song sounded better with Kris singing it, even though it was out of his range. The style sounded better. It sounded a little less cheesey. (That still doesn't make it a good song! It was so bad!)

I think they'll both be successful, as will Danny and probably Alison too. I'm amazed at the talent that came out by the end of the season! The top 36 was so questionable, but the top 6 or so really stood out!

FlourPots Posted 21 May 2009 , 2:26pm
post #438 of 449

So Kris was able to beat Adam...which means Danny could've easily. That's who should be the idol...did you hear him with Lionel Richie, and before Lionel even came out...the guy is amazing!

How did Megan Joy make it into the top 13? She's so bad.

I thought Rod Stewart was hammered too...his voice was in tact, but he was lacking enthusiasm...there was no excitement in his performance.

Loved Kara & bikini girl (fake boobs, fake skin color - go away already)...She was pissed that she was upstaged. Kara looked and sounded better.
Fergie should go back to being a blonde. Queen Latifah...beautiful. Cyndi Lauper does not age, Wow.

It was an awesome show.
The musical pairings are always my favorite part of the finale each year, and this did not disappoint.

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 22 May 2009 , 2:19am
post #439 of 449

Hi Gals,
Loved A.I. Last night, I actually like Megan, she has kind of a qwerky voice, and I like it.
I am glad Kris won, because we all know that Adam is a fabulous singer, they will all do well
Yes, we thought that Rod Stewart had a few cocktails before the performance.
I loved Kara, and her performance, she surprised me and I think blew that girl away...(bikini and all)
Ps. Hey Addy how are you doing, I will send you a link to my new website soon....
Oh, yes, Fergie should go back to being a blonde, yes, I LOVE QUEEN LATIFAH, I just have to share something, when I was taking the Masters Course at Wilton, in Chicago, one of the classmates, was asked to make some cupcakes for an actress who was having a birthday, while they were making a movie...(the secret life of bees (am I right?)) how exciting...
I think Queen Latifah, is a wonderful person, Cyndi looked wonderful.
Yes it was a wonderful show, we actually watched it twice, once at 5pm, and then again at 8pm.
Ok, and yes America and Canada love the underdog, and since we all know the top ten will do well, and if they don't it is their issue, I am glad Kris won...even though my husband and I thought that Adam would win, I was actually surprised at America!!
AND THE BEST PART OF ALL , I JUST ORDERED TICKETS TO THE AMERICAN IDOL TOUR IN VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA ON JULY 8, 09 AND I AM THRILLED.
Ok, whose next?? In my cake world?

FlourPots Posted 22 May 2009 , 10:19pm
post #440 of 449

I thought this was pretty funny...

Kara skyped in to Ryan's "E" news show, and said that bikini girl and her sister were very upset at the stunt that she pulled on stage. She said the sister cornered her in a stairwell, called her a hag and told her she needs plastic surgery because she looks 50.

They're both idiots...Bimbo & Sis

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:11am
post #441 of 449

I am IN LOVE with Danny!!!!!

And yes, my husband knows! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

He definitely should have won. I thought he would be the idol from the beginning.

FlourPots Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:40am
post #442 of 449

Yes, he sould've won and he would've if it wasn't for Paula and the dumba$$ song she made him sing. That set the inevitable ending in motion.

Well, that's my theory anyway, and yes, I'm still bitter! icon_lol.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:38pm
post #443 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Yes, he sould've won and he would've if it wasn't for Paula and the dumba$$ song she made him sing. That set the inevitable ending in motion.

Well, that's my theory anyway, and yes, I'm still bitter! icon_lol.gif

Paula, from my understanding Kara wrote that dead, dreary song. I usually don't watch an entire season of American Idol. This year I had to watch every episode just to see what Adam would do and how he'd dress. I've already purchased his videos on iTunes. Can't wait for a CD, but I know he's tied to touring for at least a year. Love Adam all the way and am anxiously awaiting the return of Glam Rock like Ziggy Stardust.

FlourPots Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:43pm
post #444 of 449

No, I meant the song Paula chose for Danny to sing for the judge's choice week...she picked a song no one had ever heard of by Terrence Trent Darby and it was awful. The next night he was eliminated.

He didn't make it far enough to sing Kara's song.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:34pm
post #445 of 449
Quote:

I thought this was pretty funny...

Kara skyped in to Ryan's "E" news show, and said that bikini girl and her sister were very upset at the stunt that she pulled on stage. She said the sister cornered her in a stairwell, called her a hag and told her she needs plastic surgery because she looks 50.

They're both idiots...Bimbo & Sis

The way they humiliated Bikini Girl was funny, but not very fair. Ryan and his joke about her new boobs was funny, but the ass kicking that Kara gave her....had to be humiliating. Kara was a much better singer, and she rocked her bikini, too. I rewound it, and Kara's got some nice abs.

I'm not thrilled with how this season ended, but that finale was so great! This season was put together better in general, I believe.

Now what are we watching? We have 6 more weeks til "Big Brother" starts. icon_cry.gif

FlourPots Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:44pm
post #446 of 449

I've never been able to get into "Big Brother"...my thing is the "Bachelor" or "Bachelorette" as is the case right now.

I watch it knowing full well that the couple won't last...no matter how in love they seem, they will eventually call it quits, there's no doubt...but I still watch icon_redface.gif .

BakingGirl Posted 28 May 2009 , 7:46pm
post #447 of 449

Bah! I don't know what to watch anymore. I have tried the "So You Think You Can Dance", but that woman's laugh is driving over the edge!

FlourPots Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 9:21pm
post #448 of 449
cakemomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomof3 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm
post #449 of 449
Quote:

I was very sad to read this: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20293869,00.html

I read about this earlier today. Very very sad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%