Help! Gourmet Flavors????

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 9 Dec 2023 , 8:26pm by MacsMom

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 5:47pm
post #4651 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

oh, also, is the white choc truffle a sturdy enough filling for a topsy turvy?

Yes, but then I use any filling in topsy's with a sturdy dam... The fudge filling is sturdier than truffle, and if you have access to LoRann you can use marshmallow flavor in WC truffle.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:04pm
post #4652 of 6536

Anyone have any ideas for a cinnamon layer cake with a great filling?

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm
post #4653 of 6536

Cinnamon always goes well with cream cheese!

I just went to Food Lion and they had Yoplait Coffee & Pear yogurt

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:04pm
post #4654 of 6536
Quote:

So the whole dram of orange oil I saw discussed for the orange dreamsicle is for a whole batch or half batch. I know not everyone is crazy about the orange cream oil but i do like it and didnt know if I should do one dram or two in a full batch?

Also..do you think the smores cake will hold up on a tilt for topsy turvy with seperators?

I was thinking only using one layer of filling to help with stabillity instead of torting and using a marshmallow bc so its less slippery than a lighter fillling plus a layer of ganache or melted choc chips. Do you think this cake is strong enough for the tilt? ....baking today icon_lol.gif

anyone know?...I am sorry I am baking right now and I am feeling insecure about the TT cake,,,thanks so much!

and thanks Macsmom for the other response, I think I will try the truffle but maybe just not add the frostin pride so its thicker.

ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:06pm
post #4655 of 6536

Thanks everyone for sharing your cake flavors!
This is an awesome thread!

MacsMom Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:16pm
post #4656 of 6536
Quote:

Quote:

So the whole dram of orange oil I saw discussed for the orange dreamsicle is for a whole batch or half batch. I know not everyone is crazy about the orange cream oil but i do like it and didnt know if I should do one dram or two in a full batch?

Also..do you think the smores cake will hold up on a tilt for topsy turvy with seperators?

I was thinking only using one layer of filling to help with stabillity instead of torting and using a marshmallow bc so its less slippery than a lighter fillling plus a layer of ganache or melted choc chips. Do you think this cake is strong enough for the tilt? ....baking today icon_lol.gif

anyone know?...I am sorry I am baking right now and I am feeling insecure about the TT cake,,,thanks so much!

and thanks Macsmom for the other response, I think I will try the truffle but maybe just not add the frostin pride so its thicker.

Oh, sorry - I use 1 dram per whole batch (2 cake mixes). The graham racker cake is a bit softer, but with patience you can anything with cake thumbs_up.gif

steffla Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:42pm
post #4657 of 6536

thank you so so much! I made the graham cracker already so lets hope for the best. just worry about it sitting on the angle. was thinking of using a bit of white chocolate as glue between the cake and the cake board...maybe it will help a bit....fingers crossed! This is for a huge charity event and its a donation but it will reallly help launch my name!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 12:49am
post #4658 of 6536

I want to make mini cc bouquets for Mother's Day and I'll be making 4 different flavors one will be carrot cake. Please share your thoughts on flavors that I should add. I'm trying to stay away from chocolate (not to many like chocolate around here). Thanks, I'm going back to reread this thread; it's been awhile.

MacsMom Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:48am
post #4659 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy

I want to make mini cc bouquets for Mother's Day and I'll be making 4 different flavors one will be carrot cake. Please share your thoughts on flavors that I should add. I'm trying to stay away from chocolate (not to many like chocolate around here). Thanks, I'm going back to reread this thread; it's been awhile.

Tropical Breeze (add 3 bananas to the WASC, use banana or coconut pudding mix, use pineapple juice instead of water, and flavor with coconut flavoring - if you can get LoRann Pina Colada, add a dram).

Orange dreamsicle, but use 1-1/3 cup melted sherbet and 1-1/3 diet orange soda, and add an extra egg. And a dram of LoRann orange.

Rootbeer. Use diet root beer for the liquid and a 2 oz bottle of CK concentrated rootbeer flavor (I get it from countrykitchensa.com )

Those are my top 3 favorites!

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:32pm
post #4660 of 6536

Hello everyone!!! I do not know why I stopped receiving posts from this treat...this is my favorite one!!!

Could you please help me? I would like to make a chocolate cake with snicker filling. Does anyone has a recipe for the filling? ...Thank you !!!

MacsMom Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:05pm
post #4661 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi-Tutty

Hello everyone!!! I do not know why I stopped receiving posts from this treat...this is my favorite one!!!

Could you please help me? I would like to make a chocolate cake with snicker filling. Does anyone has a recipe for the filling? ...Thank you !!!

Strat with cold Snickers, chop them up, stir into whipped bettercreme (or buttercream if you can't get the former), and stir in caramel sauce, but not so much that it blends in, you want to eb able to see that the caramel is there.

For a nougat filling:
Nougat (For a "Snickers" cake) - K2Cakes
2 Cups of Soy Milk
9 oz. Soy Marg. (Earth Ballance)
24 oz. Sugar
2 tblsp. Vanilla Essence (or extract)
12 oz. dried Soy Milk powder

*Put the milk, margarine and sugar into a thick saucepan and heat, without stirring, on a low heat until it bubbles and triples in size.
Keep heat steady for 2 min (sugar thermometer, should be 235 F.) Cool. Add the vanilla essence and the dried soy milk and beat till creamy.
Pour into baking trays roughly the size of 48 mars bars and freeze for an hour.

Probably works fine with regular milk.

ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:15pm
post #4662 of 6536

Ooo, this sounds so good!
Can't wait to try it.
Thanks

Cristi-Tutty Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:33pm
post #4663 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

Quote:

Strat with cold Snickers, chop them up, stir into whipped bettercreme (or buttercream if you can't get the former), and stir in caramel sauce, but not so much that it blends in, you want to eb able to see that the caramel is there.

For a nougat filling:
Nougat (For a "Snickers" cake) - K2Cakes
2 Cups of Soy Milk
9 oz. Soy Marg. (Earth Ballance)
24 oz. Sugar
2 tblsp. Vanilla Essence (or extract)
12 oz. dried Soy Milk powder

*Put the milk, margarine and sugar into a thick saucepan and heat, without stirring, on a low heat until it bubbles and triples in size.
Keep heat steady for 2 min (sugar thermometer, should be 235 F.) Cool. Add the vanilla essence and the dried soy milk and beat till creamy.
Pour into baking trays roughly the size of 48 mars bars and freeze for an hour.

Probably works fine with regular milk.

Thank you so much you are the best...yummy!!!

I saw the nougat but since it says soy I wa afraid that it was not good..I will try yours first...

thank you thank yopu

yummy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:47pm
post #4664 of 6536

Thanks Macsmom. The customers I'm making the bouquets for have had the tropical breeze at a function I made the cake for and they all loved it. I'll definitely do the orange one you suggested; I've made it before but they never had it. I'm not to sure about root beer. How's the lemon? Any other suggestions?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:50am
post #4665 of 6536

Root beer cake? Did I read that right?

steffla Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:26am
post #4666 of 6536

I must tell you , I made the root beer float cake, with 3 layers of filling, four layers of cake...Top and bottom filling were root beer glaze and root beer frosting and middle layer was vanilla mousse made with the frostin pride. HOLY COW!!!!!! It was shockingly good! To be honest I am not a huge fan of root beer but this is terrific!!! Definitely try it! Thanks macmom!

Oh and having finally done the richest version of a 'bettercreme' type fillling but using Frostin Pride, I will never change!!! Pastry Pride was not so great and a bit chemically for me but this stuff....FANTASTIC!!! I had to stop myself from eating the different flavor filling right from the bowl with a big ol' spoon!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Flintstone691961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flintstone691961 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:03pm
post #4667 of 6536

I agree the rootbeer cake is awesome. People loved it.....

MacsMom Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 2:20pm
post #4668 of 6536
Quote:

Oh and having finally done the richest version of a 'bettercreme' type fillling but using Frostin Pride, I will never change!!! Pastry Pride was not so great and a bit chemically for me but this stuff....FANTASTIC!!! I had to stop myself from eating the different flavor filling right from the bowl with a big ol' spoon!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

DITTO!! But I cringe everytime I see the two side-by-side and Frostin Pride is $1.50 more (worth it, though).

Cristi-Tutty Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:11pm
post #4669 of 6536

sorry for this question which cake flavor goes good with the Cannoli filling from magentaa23? Has any one have tried? I have mascarpone cheese and I will love to use it!!!

Thank you!!!

ckckhome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckckhome Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:51pm
post #4670 of 6536

I have a friend who love rums cake have anyone made a wasc version if so, please share the recipe and what did you use as a filling. he is a fireman so I will be doing a fire truck. Thanks

ckckhome Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:59pm
post #4671 of 6536

I mean love rum cake--- icon_smile.gif I am familier with the rum bundt cake not in a layer cake had it several years ago

MacsMom Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 2:52pm
post #4672 of 6536
Quote:

sorry for this question which cake flavor goes good with the Cannoli filling from magentaa23? Has any one have tried? I have mascarpone cheese and I will love to use it!!!

Thank you!!!

~ Coconut
~ Butter recipe (I use 1/3 c melted butter instead of 1/4 c oil, and use butter flavoring)
~ Mocha
...to name a few. icon_wink.gif

Cristi-Tutty Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:32pm
post #4673 of 6536

thank you so much

lol

Cristi-Tutty Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:38pm
post #4674 of 6536
Quote:

Quote:

Thank you!!!

~ Coconut
~ Butter recipe (I use 1/3 c melted butter instead of 1/4 c oil, and use butter flavoring)
~ Mocha

I do not want to bother but could you please share the butter recipe and the mocha one. I was checking your list but could not find it...thank you again

sorry icon_redface.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 May 2010 , 3:22am
post #4675 of 6536
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you!!!

~ Coconut
~ Mocha

I do not want to bother but could you please share the butter recipe and the mocha one. I was checking your list but could not find it...thank you again

sorry icon_redface.gif

Check the links in my signature, it takes you to a thread where all the google docs to all the threads that have them have all the recipes.

yummy Posted 2 May 2010 , 10:04pm
post #4676 of 6536

I'm rereading this thread and I'm on page 65 so far.

Macsmom, I've changed my mind about the carrot cake and other flavors for my Mother's Day bouquets. I wanted something different and I believe I've found it in your Graham Cracker cake. I will fill the cupcakes with strawberry filling iced in bc flavored with lorann's cheesecake oil.

I'm using Indydebi's bc recipe (2 lbs. of powdered sugar, 3-4 Tblsp. of flavoring); how many drams should I use and is it a good cheesecake flavor or is there something to enhance the cc flavor?

I'm making this cake from a mix using just pudding and sourcream and it will be half recipe.
Does this sound right considering I'm omitting the flour and sugar

1 white cake mix
1/2 c ground graham cracker
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c honey
4 egg whites ( I'm curious, why just the whites?)
1 1/3 c water
1/8 c veg. oil
1 c sour cream
2 tsps. clear vanilla (is dark vanilla ok that's all I have?)
1 box of pudding

With the clear vanilla, what color is the batter/finished cake? TIA

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 3 May 2010 , 4:32pm
post #4677 of 6536

Okay I have a new flavor combo!

White Chocolate Raspberry cheesecake with a layer of Oreo cookie crumbs surrounded by Macsmom's Decedent Chocolate cake and White Chocolate Truffle filling

Yes cheesecake! And it was sooo good!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1663810.html

bobwonderbuns Posted 3 May 2010 , 10:16pm
post #4678 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeatheart

White Chocolate Raspberry cheesecake with a layer of Oreo cookie crumbs surrounded by Macsmom's Decedent Chocolate cake and White Chocolate Truffle filling

OMG does that sound good!!! icon_lol.gif

ckckhome Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:33am
post #4679 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeatheart

I second that OMG OMG looks tasty

ckckhome Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:46am
post #4680 of 6536

Help Macsmom, GrandmaG need assistance with a WASC Rum cake

I was thinking Rum and Coke flavor HELP

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%