Fonts?

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 5 Jan 2009 , 11:25pm by kakeladi

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, so I'm thinking I know how to copy a certain font onto a cake, but I'm not sure. Do you just print it out & trace over it in royal icing?

4 replies
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 5

I did a monogram in royal icing and that is what I did. I printed out the monogram in the font I wanted. Since I couldn't get it as large as I wanted, I scanned it and enlarged it and printed it out. I taped it to the back of a cookie sheet, taped wax paper over it and copied over it. Once the letters were dry, I attached them to the fondant plaque. HTH!

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 5

I can't see why that wouldn't work. It's probably what I would do. Is the font complicated?

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 5

I've also done piping gel transfer to write on cakes that needed to be perfect.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 5

There are many ways to transfer writing to a cakeicon_smile.gif
You can prop the word right in front of you & try to copy it
You can create you own 'stamp' by copying the wording on a sheet of paper, turn it over & trace that (you now have mirror/backwords writing), place this on a piece of hardened gumpaste; then go over it w/royal icing, glue or piping gel. Let them dry (piping gel can take days) then use it as a press.
OR you can write out the words (on wax or typing paper); place on styro; & prick all along each letter w/a hat pin; place this on the cake & rub it - making an indent in your icing for each pinprick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%