Turn Ganache Into Frosting?? Please Help

Decorating By JessDesserts Updated 2 Jan 2009 , 4:56am by KitchenKat

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 4:23am
post #1 of 6

I made butterscoth ganache and have quite a bit left.

I vaguely remember reading I can add powdered sugar and 'turn' it into buttercream?

Is this possible? Or does anyone know of a way to make some kind of frosting from this?

It was made with butterscotch chips, heavy cream and I may have added a tiny bit of corn syrup.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I want to bring something with me to a brunch tomorrow, so the quicker the better ( not to rush you icon_razz.gif )

TIA..........jess

5 replies
sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 4:25am
post #2 of 6

just whip it in your kitchen aid. It should fluff up. Try to keep it cool, though.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:48am
post #3 of 6

place your liquid ganache in a bowl and whip it till it fluffs and then add some of your regular buttercream to it. it will make great buttercream. you can use it without the butttercream added, but the addition of the buttercream makes it a little more stable.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 6

You can mix it to your normal buttercream. icon_smile.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:21am
post #5 of 6

Toba Garret's chocolate icing recipe www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Buttercream-109248 uses cocoa as well as 2 cups of ganache to make the buttercream (note: that recipe makes a ton so for a 9" cake, halve it!!) Also the b aking911 website has a ganache icing recipe: www.ba*king*911.com/recipes/chocolate/ganache.htm (paste that into your browser and then take out the asterisks "*" - you cannot link directly from CC to b aking911).

Of course whipped ganache all by itself is divine but those recipes work great if you want to turn it into a lighter, traditional buttercream. You can also add about 1/4-1/3c of it to italian meringue buttercream.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 4:56am
post #6 of 6

I just use bring it to room temp and stir till it's a spreading consistency then use it as is. If it's too thick, I add a bit of warm cream till I get the right consistency. Or I stir about a cup of ganache into a recipe of IMBC (8 eggs whites) and add a shot of chocolate liquor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%