Is There Anyway To Use.......

Decorating By mscooper67 Updated 26 Dec 2008 , 2:36pm by tonedna

mscooper67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mscooper67 Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 6

Is there anyway to use fondant to make ribbon that looks and shines just like satin ribbon?

Sharon

5 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know but here is a bump

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 6

You can paint it with luster dust.

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 6

there are rolling pins you can get that add fabric like texture to it as well that with the luster dust you have a fondant ribbon. good luck.. icon_smile.gif

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 6

I am not sure...however, I looked at a cake last night and the lady said that the bow was done to have a satin effect on it in her description. I can't remember her name or the name of the cake to search it for you.....sorry! However, the cake was white and had people's name wrote around the sides on three lines in red and green and it had a red bow on top. Maybe she'll see the thread or else you can go through the Christmas pictures and look for the cake yourself (138 pages....I searched the first 17 pages and it wasn't on those).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help....Good luck!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 2:36pm
post #6 of 6

To make the ribbon in fondant appear shiny you use luster dusts. If Its white you can use pearl dust, this one has a very nice pearly shine. With color ribbons you just find a luster dust that is closes to the color you are using in your ribbon.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%