Champagne Color? Anyone Ever Had A Request?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 5:33pm by dailey

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 8

What do you use to make a champagne bc color? Thanks in advance! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 8

The tiniest hint of brown w/an even tinier dot of yellow.
Some people just use real, brown vanilla and butter in their icing recipe.
Calling a color a name really means little unless you have a color sample!
I have seen it on a yellow tone and on a brown/tan tone. Every manufacturer names their color different - it might be the same w/two different names.

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 8

That was a hard one, I tried for it one time, and got more of a cafe olat' color....check my photos, the 5 tier, "words of Love" cake.
I sprayed this cake, and used white, with touches of the flesh color added in, and tiny bits of warm brown. Had to mix and match till I got the right shade. Then sprayed....

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 8

I have seen about 5 completely different colors, and they were all called champagne. Some more goldish, some very light or dark. You should get a swatch of fabric from your customer, so you make it what they want.

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 8

Good advice, Just for fun...I usually do that too. The swatch of material is great way to be right on with their colors.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 8

Get a sample of what the client wants, if not there are too many color variations that can classify as champagne. You could end up with an angry client if your rendition of champagne isn't what they invisioned!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:11pm
post #7 of 8

definitely get a sample of what they want.....champagne could mean a golden brown color, a pinkish gold color or about another million hues in between.
If you're going the golden brown color....try just using ivory.....the more you add the darker it gets.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 8

ditto on getting a sample. i had a bride who had the colors champagne and burgandy, ugh! at any rate, to get the champagne, i ended up using ivory, touch of brown, moss green and just a dab of black...matched *perfectly*.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%