Ri Snowflakes On Bc Cake - Is It Possible?

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 8:07pm by kakeladi

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 2:23am
post #1 of 6

I thought I read somewhere that RI decorations that are placed on buttercream will "melt" (i.e. lose their shape). Am I remembering correctly? I wanted to put some RI snowflakes directly on a BC cake, but they will be sitting on the BC for at least 9 hours before eating. Is this a bad idea? What do you recommend I do? (i.e. pipe BC snowflakes instead, etc.) icon_cry.gif

5 replies
rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 2:25am
post #2 of 6

They should be fine. Don't worry!

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 2:39am
post #3 of 6

Thanks! I'm so glad to hear that. icon_smile.gif Also, I forgot to ask...how do you attach the snowflakes to wires?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 6

That is an "old wives tale" that just will not die! icon_sad.gif
It is in the making of royal that no grease can come in contact w/it. Once ri is properly made (and especially once dried) there is little, if any problems w/it.
Here are a couple of examples:
LL
LL

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 6

Wow...very pretty, kakeladi! Thank you for also for responding. It's good to know that it just an old wives' tale! icon_smile.gif I was wondering...can you put the RI decorations on indefinitely? Or is their a time frame that I should consider? Or is this part of the old wives' tale, too? icon_wink.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 6

The thinner the deco the more chance there might be a problem. I would hold off applying what I could that is RI until the last minute but I have never had a problem Sometime some item might soften a bit but it will not melt, loose their shape or turn into a puddle for sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%