Thank You Leahs!

Decorating By kaseynh Updated 7 Dec 2008 , 5:13pm by kaseynh

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:20am
post #1 of 12

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Did I say thank you? I delivered a three tier wedding cake, fully decorated this morning. I used the SPS system and that cake didn't budge!
I usually assemble my cakes on site and have always hated people looking over my shoulder. On my nephew's cake I forgot to put leaves on the roses! I didn't realize it until I printed out pictures.
On this cake, I was able to put it all together and take my time attaching the flowers and leaves and didn't forget a thing.
When my husband arrived home last night, he came into the kitchen, looked at the cake and his face filled with terror! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif He was totally freaked out that it was all decorated and assembled. I told him Leahs said it would be fine, SPS will hold it all together. icon_smile.gif
This morning, I found him staring at the cake. I thought he was going to say how pretty it was. He looked up at me and said he was really afraid of carrying it. icon_eek.gif I told him again that Leahs has said again and again it was meant to be delivered all assembled. icon_smile.gif
He carried it out to the car and rode in the back seat watching it the entire way. He made me drive because he didn't want to be held responsible if something happened to the cake. No worries, Leahs said it would be OK!
Well, we arrived at the country club all in one piece without anything to fix. Repair kit stayed in the car (could have left it home) and put the cake on the cake table, took pictures and left. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1291905
So, thank you again Leahs for educating us all on SPS. It is inexpensive, easy to use and helps take a lot of stress out of delivering tiered cakes! icon_smile.gif
Also a big thumbs up for Global Sugar Art, their service is amazing! (They carry SPS in stock!)

11 replies
Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:37am
post #2 of 12

Your cake is stunning!! all those flowers, no wonder your husband was scared of moving that cake............ if that is the first time making poinsettias, then you did a brilliant bit of work.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 12

That cake is wonderful. The colors are brillant and the flower are lovely. Great job. icon_biggrin.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 12

WOW! Your cake is just FANTASTIC !!! GREAT JOB !

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 12

Your cake is GORGEOUS! Your flowers are fabulous! Excellent work! thumbs_up.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 12

How about a tutorial on the flowers??!!
EXCELLENT job!!!!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:50pm
post #7 of 12

GORGEOUS......I just love it.......great job. I'll 2nd the tutorial idea.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:09pm
post #8 of 12

Awesome, wonderful work! Beautiful creationicon_smile.gif You have every right to be proud.
I hope others will learn to use SPS from this post. They are a great peace of mindicon_smile.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:20pm
post #9 of 12

I 3rd the poinsettia tutorial as well

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:38pm
post #10 of 12

What a gorgeous cake!! I'm glad it worked out for you! icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:44pm
post #11 of 12

::wipes away tear::

That is a gorgeous cake!

PS, now that you're in the SPS choir, you must sing out loud and proud.

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 5:13pm
post #12 of 12

Thank you everyone for your wonderful compliments and responses. I have never done a poinsettia before. Each of the petals and leaves are on individual wires. I don't know if I would be the best person to do a tutorial on the poinsettia as I had to improvise with my own method of getting the wire in the petal.

Leahs, I am happy to have done you proud! I will gladly join the SPS chior! No more dowels for me, what a timesaver this system is. It also puts your mind at ease about transporting a tiered, decorated cake. I don't think hubby will sit in the back seat next time. He might even drive!

Karen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%