Middle Of Cakes Did Not Rise

Decorating By cathie_shinnick Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 1:28am by MadeYaLook

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 5

Last night for the first time I tried the WASC cake only I used the yellow cake mix. I used cake release like always , used cake stripe around the edges, like always and baked them at 325 . The pans were 10" X 3" and 8" X 3'. I baked them for 1 hour and then had to add almost another 40 min. and they centers were lower than the sides(which looked great). Should I have used a cone in the center or is this recipe just for 2" cakes? I need to redo them today. ASAP. I have to travel with the cakes tomorrow for about 3 hours and I need to get moving, now that I am behind.

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 5

One of the many reasons I gave away my 3" deep pans. I found them to be more than useless.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:37am
post #3 of 5

I also don't usre 3" pans......there always seems to be problems with baking in them.
I do know it take much longer to bake in them. Rather than use a cone try using a flower nail instead.

CakesbyGeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyGeorge Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:10am
post #4 of 5

I use 3" pans often and bake at 325 degrees. For the 8" and 10" pans I do not use a flower nail. Sometimes, if I test with a toothpick too soon, the center will sink a little. I let them bake longer than an hour before I test for doneness. The 3" pans always take several minutes beyond an hour to bake.

MadeYaLook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadeYaLook Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:28am
post #5 of 5

I am just a newbie, but I only use 3" pans with great success evey time. I never set a timer though so I couldn't tell you how long they bake, I just wait for the center to be done. If you messed with them at the 1 hr mark they may have just 'deflated'. I had a few do that when I first started baking, simply because I was a bit impatient and opened the oven, moved them to check them, etc etc ending up with a deflated cake. I say give it another try and walk away from the oven. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%