Edible Christmas Place Card Ideas, Please

Decorating By jescapades Updated 30 Nov 2008 , 1:29pm by Mac

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 3:30am
post #1 of 7

i am having my first christmas dinner this year and i was hoping to make something for the place cards at the dinner table. i tend not to do cookies, so i'd rather have something else edible as like a favor my guests can take home.

does anyone have any ideas for edible favor/placecards? thanks so much!

jessica

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 3:40am
post #3 of 7

You can make little plaques out of candy melts and do a holiday candy to attach and write their name on them with candy melts. Of course you wouldn't want your house to be too hot if you did them. icon_smile.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 3:41am
post #4 of 7

How about a chocolate plaque with your guest name on it in a pretty box so they can take it home.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:24am
post #5 of 7

Small fondant plaques look very pretty and elegant.
You can add flavoring to enhance them.
You can also make napkin rings.

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 12:08pm
post #6 of 7

I agree with the others, chocolate! The ideas are limitless and gifts in themselves. What about buying cookie molds and filling them with chocolate and then writing their names on them? You can write on pretzels, business card molds, chocolate pretzel bark etc and then place it on mini easels.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 7

Get small Christmas shaped cookie cutters--the thin tin ones for about 50 cents. Make fudge and use the cutters to cut out but leave the fudge inside the cutter. Clean off the outside edge of cutter. Write name on top of fudge and package. I make these for our cookie swap every year and everybody gets to keep the cookie cutter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%