The Customer Never Showed!!!!

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 26 Nov 2008 , 5:19am by Cakepro

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 19

So this girl orders a cake from me 2 weeks ago. I have been in contact with her on and off. It is like the monkey cake in my pictures.. anyway, today I am to meet her.. guess what? She never shows. So I call her and she did not pick up. I leave a message. 5 minutes later someone returns the call from that number and as soon as I answer they hang up!!!! So, I was stuck with a cake with a monkey on it. I mean.. this is not some huge grocery store chain where I can put it on the discount shelf. So.. after many hours of being frustrated about this inconsiderate customer.. my good friend said that she would purchase the cake. Of course, she got it for 1/2 of what I would have sold it for!

SO, now I am going to start taking 1/2 deposit on the total cake price. I don't care if its a sheet cake..

18 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 19

This is why I have a policy of any cake that is $200 or under payment is required at time of order...no if, and's or but's! Learned this lesson early on icon_wink.gif I only accept payment via Paypal or cash up front...no checks at all (unless they use an electronic check via paypal). Very rarely get no shows if they already paid for the cake, and if they don't show and the cake is paid for, I don't sweat it. I got my money. If they don't pick up order within 2 days we eat cake! yumm!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 19

I don't turn on my oven with out payment.

Payment in full for any order under $100. If it's over $100 it's half down to save the date. Payment in full 72 hours prior to pick up.

My new customers squak a little over it but after a time or two they realize how nice it is to walk in and pick it up with out having to deal with payment that day.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 19

Yes.. I have learned my lesson! She just called like 6 hours later! And left me a message with fowl language! So glad this nutt job does not know where I live.

What is wrong with people! ughhh

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 11:36pm
post #5 of 19

we've all been there, so your not alone. Its the best way to learn actually!! So now like many of us you will be asking for a deposit or full payment at time of ordering. Ive had an order for a couple of weeks now, due next week, and because she hadn;t sent payment i emailed and left a phone message saying i wont be making the cake now. she was by that night with cash. You know they're serious if they pay upfront.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 3:22am
post #6 of 19

Been there...and i've learned. But i guess this is something we all have to go thru unfortunately.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 4:09am
post #7 of 19

whoa! I wanna know what she said!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 5:35am
post #8 of 19

SHE didnt' pick up the cake .... SHE (or someone) is hanging up when you try to connect with her. SHE leaves you stuck wth a cake, and then SHE feels the need to curse YOU out?? icon_eek.gif

WTH???????????????

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 7:44am
post #9 of 19

Fowl language? Does she speak fluent chicken? Bawk bawk bwaaaak.

Sorry this happened to you. What a total wank.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 6:24pm
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

LOL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 6:36pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

Sorry this happened to you. What a total wank.

awww, give the girl a break...she just got screwed. icon_biggrin.gif

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 12:36am
post #12 of 19

That's just awful. I'm sorry.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 12:44am
post #13 of 19

That blows....sorry about it!

CakeswLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeswLove Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 1:01am
post #14 of 19

I had this happened to me not too long ago, but I was too ashamed to even tell anyone......I guess I am not alone, I will be changing my policy soon icon_redface.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 8:23pm
post #15 of 19

wow! how rude of her! SHE calls YOU up! that's just not right...I wanna know what she said also icon_twisted.gif

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 8:31pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

wow! how rude of her! SHE calls YOU up! that's just not right...I wanna know what she said also icon_twisted.gif

ditto. How can SHE be upset??

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 8:33pm
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

I don't turn on my oven with out payment.

Me either! I learned that lesson the hard way. But I will never even start to purchase supplies unless that money is securely in my bank account.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 8:38pm
post #18 of 19

Thats why I get paid 10 days in advance, even from family and friends. No money, no cake. I want go out of pocket for anyone.

Hate that happened to you.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 5:19am
post #19 of 19

Seriously, what did she say in her foul message to you?? You can just use the first letter of each curse word - we will understand. icon_biggrin.gif

Man, I would have called her back and told her where I was gonna put that monkey cake if she ever dialed my number again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%