Royal Icing 3D Santa Figure

Decorating By imascot Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 7:27pm by KHalstead

imascot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imascot Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know of an on line tutorial on how to make a 3d santa figure from royal icing? icon_smile.gif

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 1:02am
post #2 of 7

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/browse.cfm?start=61&cat=Icing&cat2=Buttercream-Icing

here is santa in a sleigh and the page before has a reindeer too

imascot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imascot Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the link. It was more of a stand up 3d figure I was looking for, but I can't find anything at all like it. I'll probably do this one flat on the cake. Thanks for your help. icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 7

Go to most any $ store and buy those clay ornaments of all kinds of figures. You can then copy them in fondant &/or royal.

For simplicity why not make a 'snowman' w/santa hat & beard? Just pipe 3 slightly graduating sized balls one on top of the other. Depending on how big you want your santa, you might want to make the lgst one, let it dry overnight (or all day) then put the next one on; let dry and apply the top one. You can push a coffee stir stick; or uncooked speghetti into the lgst one then pipe over it as you go up for some holding power. The top one can be flesh color; add arms & hands then hat. For color (suit) I'd paint it w/paste color thinned w/vodka or such.

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 7

Maybe I'm too late with this, but I recall seeing the message for help on Santa's in royal icing...I stumbled across this tutorial this morning...not sure if it is what I would consider a "tutorial" and the picture isn't very good, but it may help or give you an idea or two...

icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.shavkin.com/santacandem.html

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 7

Oh my goodness Rocketmom, those are so cute. I think that I will attempt these for the children at the homeless shelter. They would love them.

Thanks for the great idea!
icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 7:27pm
post #7 of 7

those are adorable!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%