Holiday Goodie Gifts For Friends And Neighbors? Ideas?

Decorating By springlakecake Updated 3 Dec 2010 , 12:50am by NanaSandy

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 1:59am
post #121 of 193

Hi Fiddle--I have a very good caramel corn recipe that I make each year. It's the one where you stir it several times while it bakes in the oven. I always drizzle that with chocolate and it doesn't get soggy. That stuff is really expensive in the stores and I think this is pretty close to being as good as that stuff.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:52am
post #122 of 193

Hey Lily!! Ok now you got my attention icon_lol.gif
I never thought about adding the drizzle to caramel corn icon_redface.gif Thats a good idea icon_rolleyes.gif
I tried coating reg popped corn and though it was yummy .. you had to eat it right away or it got way soft ..Yuk! icon_sad.gif
Care to share your caramel corn recipe ?? icon_smile.gif
And also how and when you added the choc ?
Thanks for sharing!!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 3:05am
post #123 of 193

You really have to keep it in a cool dry place away from moisture. I've had it last weeks but if there is humidity... that could be bad. Winter is great for the stuff!

Try packaging in mason jars. They seal nicely. I've also used bags, with ties, and then put them in tins.

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 4:09am
post #124 of 193

shill.. Thanks for the tips! I want to say I had it in a ziplock bag, it was just for us to eat at home ,and I did try it in the winter season. Did you also coat caramel corn or reg popped corn ?

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 12:01pm
post #125 of 193

Fiddle--I will PM you with the recipe some time this weekend. Tonight is the big fundraiser for Camp so have to get through that and then I will have some time off. You should see the chocolate trays I just finished for that. They look so pretty and the snow is going to hold off until after the party is over. Yahooooooo

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 12:28pm
post #126 of 193

I only drizzle chocolate on toffee caramel corn. The corn itself has to come out of the oven crisp. Then you can drizzle melting chocolates on it.

It's Amazing!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 12:50pm
post #127 of 193

Sounds yummy shill.. Would you also like to share your recipe ?
Thx Lily I will watch for a p.m.then Im not getting any notices on those yet ..Still waiting to see pictures of all your choc ,s ! You daughter had to have a visit by now LOL!
Good luck with the fundraiser!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 7:30pm
post #128 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Hey merissa.. We bought that same popcorn ! I have made the choc drizzled popcorn but if you dont eat it right away it seems to get soft ! I would love to know if anyone knows how to keep the crunch!

It is much better than I imagined it would be when I purchased it!

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 7:44pm
post #129 of 193

This may have already been mentioned, but I make the Mint Oreo truffles that are in the recipe section. Everyone loves them. It sure beats what I used to do - baking loaves and loaves and loaves and..... of zucchini bread. I'd be baking for hours!

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:15pm
post #130 of 193

dmich.. I cant get any recipe to show up under Mint Oreo truffles?Can you post the link ? Thanks!

sweetie112 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetie112 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:35pm
post #131 of 193

I read through this thread and some of the gift ideas are exceptional. Maybe someone can help me. I want to do "dipped spoons" in a mug for family and co-workers who enjoy tea. Any ideas/recipes will be GREATLY appreciated.

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:43pm
post #132 of 193

Fiddlesticks, I couldn't get it to pop up this time. I don't know what's up. However, here is the link for Oreo truffles. Instead of using regular Oreos, use the ones that are stuffed with the mint icing. Yum!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2072-oreo-truffles.html

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:49pm
post #133 of 193

I make flavored popcorns every year at christmas, but again..they get kinda soft. But I'll pass them along any ways.

White Chocolate Ruby

2 bags popped microwave popcorn (the plain not with tons of butter)

4 or 5 squares of Melted White almond bark
Bag of Craisins

Pop the corn melt the bark open the bag mix it all together in a big bowl. Who-la! This stuff is AMAZING!

Chocolate Caramel Cashew....

2 bags Caramel corn
Chocolate Almond Bark
Cashews

Open the bag Melt the bark add as many nuts as you want..Mix it all together in a big bowl. You can do any kind of nut you want.

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 11:25pm
post #134 of 193

dmich.. Thx I already make that one I thought maybe the other recipe was maybe something completly different ! They are good though .
Melody25..Thx for sharing those recipes.

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 11:32pm
post #135 of 193

sweetie112.. I just made some choc spoons. I that what your looking for ?I dont know how they would go with tea?? More for coffee or cocoa I think !
I made the molded spoons this yr but you can just take a plastic spoon and dip it in melted choc, just enough to get past the spoon part and onto the handle. Let then dry on wax/parchment paper and then add a decor on the dipped area. I would love to know if someone has an idea for tea/spoons ..I love tea!

SheilaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaB Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 12:36am
post #136 of 193

I'm just a lurker but have been following these threads...anyway here's an idea for Candied Tea Spoons.....make sure you use heavy duty ones!

http://www.recipezaar.com/Candied-Tea-Spoons-113176

sweetie112 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetie112 Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 12:49am
post #137 of 193

Thanks SheliaB. If there are any other ideas/recipes for a "dipped spoon" that will add a nice flavor to a cup of tea I would appreciate it.

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 1:06am
post #138 of 193

I think that candy spoon would be good for tea in Lemon or the Butter Rum Life Savers.

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 1:27am
post #139 of 193

Awesome.. All I could think of before was maybe red hots for a spiced tea but what about peppermint. Mint tea is always soothing!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 11:38am
post #140 of 193

I know several tea drinkers and they LOVE their vast selections of flavors. Don't limit yourself to what YOU think may taste good, a true flavored tea drinker loves all of them!

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 7:52pm
post #141 of 193

I made 10 different flavors of marshmallows and bagged an assortment in a cellophane bag with a nice color key label, so the person could tell the flavor by color theme (sort of like salt water taffy). Each person got 3 of each flavor.

Yellow-Meyer Lemon
White-vanilla
Brown-chocolate
Brown swirls-coffee
Green-mint
Green swirls- Earl Grey Tea
Pink-Rosewater
Pink with Green swirls- strawberry
Lavender-Lavender
Orange-Orange Blossom

shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 8:00pm
post #142 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

Sugared Pecans:
1 pound pecan halves
1 egg white
1 teaspoon cold water
1 cup sugar
2 teaspons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Beat egg white with water until fluffy and they hold a peak. Fold pecans into egg whites until well coated. Mix cinnamon, sugar and salt. Fold coated pecans into sugar mix. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, ensuring that they are separated from one another. Place them in the oven and turn them over after about 30 minutes. Bake for another 30 minutes or until they are dry. Cool and serve or store in an airtight container.

You can put it in cute little jars or cello bags with a fun tag and you are good to go! I like this recipe as I can make it in advance.

I just wanted to share that I tried this recipe this weekend and its awesome! icon_smile.gif So delicious!!!

shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 8:04pm
post #143 of 193

Oh and I wanted to post this recipe - for nut brittle. I made a pan of this for my husbands grandparents (and poured off a touch to try for us). Its VERY good! I'm making up a pan of each for my kids teachers. I was able to find the 9x13ish sized baking sheets that are a nice quality for $7 ea at a local kitchen outlet (Walmart had them pretty cheap too). Otherwise you can make it, break it up and give it.

Nut Brittle...

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/nut-brittle-block?autonomy_kw=nut%20brittle&rsc=header_1

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 6:02pm
post #144 of 193

Bumping for the season.

keflyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keflyn Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 6:13pm
post #145 of 193

I was thinking sugar cookie trees. using a tree shaped cutter cut out a few and cut them in half, frost with royal, and then stick them together with royal so they stand...i don't know if it would work, but it's really cute in my head

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 6:22pm
post #146 of 193

I haven't read through this whole thread so it may have been mentioned already, but cocoa cones were all the rage a couple years ago.

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 6:54pm
post #147 of 193

I love the Cocoa cones idea, I think I will use that this year.

I make a Rice Krispie log that everyone loves. And this year I am also going to make Muddy Buddies.

Thanks for all the ideas!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 8:26pm
post #148 of 193
jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 10:51am
post #149 of 193

~~save~~

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 12:41am
post #150 of 193

Has anyone made Seven Layer Bars? Must they be made fresh, or can I make them now and store them for a few weeks?
Seven Layer Bars
1 stick butter or margarine
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 pkg (6 oz) butterscotch chips
1 pkg (6 oz) chocolate chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped pecans or other nut
1 cup sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter in a 9 in square pan. Arrange the remaining ingredients in the order given in layers in the pan. Bake 30-40 minutes. Cool, cut into squares.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%