Help With Cupcake Cake

Decorating By deetmar Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 10:52pm by Chippi

deetmar Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 6

I have a client that wants cupcakes that look like a cake. I have seen some people do that here, but I have no idea how to make one. She wants High School Musical, or something for a 7 year old girl.

Does anybody have any ideas?

5 replies
jammjenks Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 6

Place them as close together as possible and ice the top as you would a sheet cake. It does help to put a dot of icing on the bottoms to hold them in place. Smooth and decorate as usual.

dezzib27 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 6

It helps if you have uniformly sized cupcakes too. Buy one of those ice cream scoops with the lever to push the batter out. Make sure you have a thick cake board so you don't get cracks in the icing. Just play around with the shape, you want them as close together as possible.

deetmar Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 6

Can you use a BCT on them? I just have no idea, and she wants High School Musical. I can't draw to save my soul.

Chippi Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 6

Sure you can use BC on them! I think that is what most use on them, if I were making them I would use BC. icon_smile.gif Post us a pic when your finished and good luck!!!

Chippi Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 6

my bad didn't see the BC "T"....I have never used transfers yet can't help you there, sorry. hope they turn out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%