Help With Cupcake Cake

Decorating By deetmar Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 10:52pm by Chippi

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 6

I have a client that wants cupcakes that look like a cake. I have seen some people do that here, but I have no idea how to make one. She wants High School Musical, or something for a 7 year old girl.

Does anybody have any ideas?

5 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 6

Place them as close together as possible and ice the top as you would a sheet cake. It does help to put a dot of icing on the bottoms to hold them in place. Smooth and decorate as usual.

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 6

It helps if you have uniformly sized cupcakes too. Buy one of those ice cream scoops with the lever to push the batter out. Make sure you have a thick cake board so you don't get cracks in the icing. Just play around with the shape, you want them as close together as possible.

HTH!

Des

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 6

Can you use a BCT on them? I just have no idea, and she wants High School Musical. I can't draw to save my soul.

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 6

Sure you can use BC on them! I think that is what most use on them, if I were making them I would use BC. icon_smile.gif Post us a pic when your finished and good luck!!!

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 6

my bad didn't see the BC "T"....I have never used transfers yet can't help you there, sorry. hope they turn out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%