Looking For Decorators In Southeastern Pa.

Business By CakeInfatuation Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 4:12am by Kitagrl

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 12

If you are a self employed cake decorator in Southeastern, PA (Bucks & Montgomery Counties), I'd love to get in touch with you.

I'm in Bucks County and have loads of questions and would really like to speak with a fellow decorator about the details of running a cake business.

Thanks so much!

-Stacey

11 replies
trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 12

Shill, I am from that area. If you would like to pm me, feel free. I currently have a home based business.

CakeInfatuation Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks Miki,

I went to your website to look around. You are only about a 1/2 an hour from me.

I look forward to talking. icon_smile.gif

-Stacey

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 12

I'm up in Reading, close but no cigar, eh?

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 12

You can PM me if you like, I'm in Lower Bucks.

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 12

I am in Montgomery. I just legalized my hobby about 2 months ago. I figured I may as well get paid to do what I love and see where it takes me!
Let me know if I can help.
Tina

Kitagrl Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 12

Shill your cakes are amazing!

pmaucher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmaucher Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 12

Shill,

I'm in lower bucks, but only do cakes for family and friends. Its nice to know who your fellow CCers are.

Pam

CakeInfatuation Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:07am
post #9 of 12

Thanks Suzy!

Your cakes are amazing as well. In that "business" thread, I was reading about how you started your business and went and looked at your cakes. I immediately thought... hummmmmm I'd love to spend a week working with her!

Besides the fact that your cakes are awesome, our beginnings seem to be very similar at this point (as far as the business end).

Kitagrl Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:18am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shill

Thanks Suzy!

Your cakes are amazing as well. In that "business" thread, I was reading about how you started your business and went and looked at your cakes. I immediately thought... hummmmmm I'd love to spend a week working with her!

Besides the fact that your cakes are awesome, our beginnings seem to be very similar at this point (as far as the business end).

Thanks! I just love your outdoor cake...Wow awesome.

Wanna open a shop? LOL.....I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's this little vacant store building right down the road that would be PERFECT for a cake shop (very little parking but tons of visibility) but good grief, I'm still buying diapers....can't afford to stock an entire kitchen! In my dreams!

I enjoy doing this at home for now...night hours...works great!

CakeInfatuation Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:09am
post #11 of 12

I'd LOVE to open a shop. But like you... little people take first priority. I have another 3 years before they are both in school all day.

In the meantime.... icon_twisted.gif We can do some seriously premature planning and dreaming! My husband keeps telling me if I want to do this full time and have a "cake shop", he really thinks I'll need a partner.

I don't think I "need" a partner. But I'm a social butterfly and I have a lot more fun when I have people around to be creative with.

Anyway... I'm learning that there are more than a few of us here in Southeastern, PA. Maybe we need to plan a morning when we can all meet for breakfast or something. Wouldn't that be awesome!

Kitagrl Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:12am
post #12 of 12

There does seem to be alot! I know of a girl I refer to, I don't know if she is on CC but she bakes at home and does outstanding work...very professional....I refer to her but I know anyone I refer there won't come back to me! Her stuff is amazing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%