Help!! Cake For A Preacher's Birthday.

Decorating By manda52 Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 8:15pm by UltimateCakes

manda52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manda52 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 5

I need ideas for a preacher's birthday cake, he will be turning 70 so this is kind of a big deal. I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions would be apperciated. Thanks!!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 5

Just forget he is a preacher. He is just a man like any other. What would you do for an order for any man turning 70?

One yr I found a pic of some cartoon cows which I drew on waferpaper (long before frosting sheets & edible inks), put halos above their heads. The message was 'Have an udderly heavenly b'day".
Another yr I did a round cake w/clowns sitting on/ around the edge
with the message "No joking, have a happy b'day".
If wanting to make it a special age....make the #s '7' & '0' about 3-4" big cut out of fondant or cookies w/fondant as icing or mold chocolate; place in the center of a sheet cake; make an oval border about 5x7 and fill in between that & the edge of the cake w/jimmies. OR dry them and stand them up on top of a cake. These can be colorful or gold or silver or whatever to make them stand out. Then do a modifiled Lambeth for borders. I have a small round choco cake w/this idea in my pix.

Make an open book (Bible) and using fancy script write out his favorite scripture on one side/pg, and pipe a cross on the other.

Don't know how to attach pix other than in my pix so if you send me an *e-mail* I can send yu some ideas that might help

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:36am
post #3 of 5

This one looks girlie, but it could easily be modified. The church is made of gum paste.
LL

manda52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manda52 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks Guys! I really like the chruch idea, besides his family, the chruch is his life. Thanks again!

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 5

This is kinds obvious, but there is a Wilton 'Book' cake pan. Make a Bible cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%