White Chocolate Fondant Over Frangelico Cake ... Frosting?

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 1:55am by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a corset cake for a lingerie shower nex weekend for a friend of mine, and have been thinking about this a lot. I'm making the WASC and spiking it with Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur), with a white choocolate fondant to cover it, but I'm trying to figure out what the frosting underneath that should be. Straight up vanilla? Buttercream? White chocolate? Almond? Any ideas would be much appreciated, I would like for this to be fun and girly and flirty and even the taste to be a little bit naughty (hence, the liqueur).

Also, if anybody has an alternate white chocolate fondant recipe that you love, that would be great as well ... I have the one that's floating around a lot on CC (Latanwa's, I believe), but am wondering if anybody's tried flavoring MMF, or adding white chocolate to it ... I don't know, I'm just fishing for ideas icon_smile.gif.

Thanks!

-Emi.

4 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:47am
post #2 of 5

Personally, I would do a hazelnut buttercream to go with the cake. The white chocolate fondant will complement the hazelnut flavor well. Sounds yummy.

emiyeric Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:14am
post #3 of 5

Mmmm ... hazelnut buttercream sounds good. Spiked, with the same Frangelico flavor, or do you think I should add some other form of hazelnut flavoring? I found a couple of threads which suggest praline paste ... any ideas? icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 6:12am
post #4 of 5

I would probably use a hazelnut flavoring in the buttercream because liqueurs can often be overpowering. I wish we were closer so we could get together and taste test a bunch of different combinations! LOL icon_smile.gif

emiyeric Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:55am
post #5 of 5

A baking buddy! That would be great! icon_smile.gif Thanks so much for your suggestions, I'm going to try experimenting with it tomorrow and see where it takes me. I'll let you know how I end up flavoring it! icon_smile.gif

-Emi.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%