Pricing Cakeballs / Truffles???

Decorating By kellertur Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 9:28pm by justducky

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 8

Hello,
I'm not sure where this post belongs, so I'll try here.

How do you price cake balls? Can anyone please share with me their formula, etc for figuring this out?

Thanks so much!! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 8

We charge $1.00 for non-liqueur flavored cake balls and $1.25 for liqueur flavored ones.

Paul & Peter

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 8

I sold mine for $10 per dozen. There were walnut size - on the smallish side. That was a couple of yrs ago....I know prices have gone up. Most of mine were made from scape cake so to me it was 'free' money icon_smile.gif

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 8

I dont really have a formula for the pricing, but I willbe selling mine for $10/dz or like $5 or $6/ 1/2 dz. I know people use scraps, but I make cake to make cake balls, so I really haven't figured up the price quite yet for each one.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:37am
post #5 of 8

If they are made just for that purpose as in a special order/flavor I sell them for $1 each.

If they do an "it's a last minute thing I don't care what flavors then I sell them for .75 each and use the left overs on hand from the freezer.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:06am
post #6 of 8

Speaking of cake scraps... how long can cake scraps keep in the fridge or freezer? How long do cake truffles stay fresh?

My license doesn't include foods that need to be refridgerated once prepared. How long can the truffles be left out once finished?
I don't want to make anyone sick.

thanks icon_smile.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

Speaking of cake scraps... how long can cake scraps keep in the fridge or freezer?

When I have scraps I put them into crumbs before I put them in the freezer. I then label them "yellow" "strawberry" "cherry" so I know what flavor/color it is but I never thought to put the date because they don't last more than 6 months.

I double wrap them in plastic wrap and then put the wrapped stuff into a gallon sized bag where they all live individually wrapped but sharing bag space in cake crumb harmony until I need them.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:28pm
post #8 of 8

"Cake crumb harmony" icon_biggrin.gif

I love that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%