Help With Turkey Cake!!

Decorating By Beth02 Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 12:25am by foxymomma521

Beth02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beth02 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:00am
post #1 of 3

My husband's office wants me to do a cake for their Nov. birthdays. They only asked that it was Thanksgiving themed. I can do a cake or cupcakes. However, when looking thru the galleries for ideas I saw the cakes that look like the turkey sitting on the platter with stuffing, etc.

How do you do that? What shape cake(s) do you use? How were the drumsticks made? Is the cake covered in fondant and then painted? I saw one that appeared to be covered in choc. ganache which seemed the easiest.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. I think this would be a really fun idea but since I'm a total novice I don't know where to start.

Thanks for your help!!!

2 replies
Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:20am
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth02

My husband's office wants me to do a cake for their Nov. birthdays. They only asked that it was Thanksgiving themed. I can do a cake or cupcakes. However, when looking thru the galleries for ideas I saw the cakes that look like the turkey sitting on the platter with stuffing, etc.

How do you do that? What shape cake(s) do you use? How were the drumsticks made? Is the cake covered in fondant and then painted? I saw one that appeared to be covered in choc. ganache which seemed the easiest.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. I think this would be a really fun idea but since I'm a total novice I don't know where to start.

Thanks for your help!!!

From the looks of The photos in your album you don't look like a total novice. However, there is a tutorial at the top of this forum for the Turkey cake.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:25am
post #3 of 3

If the turkey cake is too difficult, those little turkey cupcakes with the candy corn feathers are adorable! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%