farizahani Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 11

hi,

can anyone recommend tasty chocolate fondant recipe please,thanks

10 replies
banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 11

There are some in the recipe section worth looking at but I have not tried them yet!

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 12:34am
post #3 of 11

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipes_rate-7060-5.html

This is the only one I use! It's really yummy!

IloveEmmaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IloveEmmaCakes Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 11

I also have a question about chocolate fondant.. I make my own MMF.. Is there anyway I could just make the same MMF and just add Chocolate chips to the melted marshmallows before I mix in the powdered sugar?

DollyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DollyCakes Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveEmmaCakes

I also have a question about chocolate fondant.. I make my own MMF.. Is there anyway I could just make the same MMF and just add Chocolate chips to the melted marshmallows before I mix in the powdered sugar?

We make our own MMF and add baking cocoa to it - tastes great, and it's a perfect dark chocolate color! See our newest cake for the results of our first batch.

I'm not sure about adding chocolate chips, seems like it might mess with the consistency, and make it dry, but it could work.

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 11

would the cream cheese fondant need refrigeration?

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 10:49pm
post #7 of 11

Here is mine icon_smile.gif

Chocolate MMF
16 oz mini-marshmallows (NOT Jet-Puffed. I use Wal Mart brand)
2 T water

**Grease a micro-safe bowl, add MMs, sprinkle with water, melt 1 minute, stir and add**

1 oz melted semi-sweet chocolate
1 T glycerine
1 t popcorn salt (or grind regular salt in a coffee grinder - you'll get crystals if you don't)
2 t Nielsen Massey's chocolate extract
Half a jar of Wilton brown
1 to 2 T cocoa powder

**stir and add**

2 lbs powdered sugar

Start by stirring in 1/2 c of PS to absorb moisture before dumping in more to help avoid clumps. Each time you add PS make you you stir it well so that it's well absorbed before adding more. When you are down to the last 1/3 of the bag, dump it in and knead with your greased hands. Form a ball and wrap with plastic wrap to rest at least 4 hours. To re-soften, place it in the micro a few seconds at a time and knead. If it is too sticky from over-heating, knead in cornstarch a little at a time.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 12:26am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr

would the cream cheese fondant need refrigeration?

Not once it's on the cake... It may not need refrigeration before either, but if I have to store it, that's where I store it. After it's on the cake, it develops a crust kind of like buttercream, but is still soft inside. It's not chewy like I hear MMF is, either... (Not that that's good or bad, it's just the way it is! icon_biggrin.gif )

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 10:52am
post #9 of 11

I really never share tips ( shame on me ) I guess because I figure Im a newbie and I figure it out it must have been done. But ladies... make MMF with chocolate marshmellows! ! ! ! thumbs_up.gif Soooo tasty and easy... and use the strawberry ones for pink too. Its tough to find sometimes at the store Ive had Publix order for me twice but I stock up and its my best "secret". Enjoy ! icon_biggrin.gif

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 11:13am
post #10 of 11

I have an easy and very tasty recipe for chocolate MMF which tastes a lot like tootsie rolls. Here it is....

One 16-oz bag of mini marshmallows (I have also useed regular size without any problems)
2 Tblsp Water (I have also used extracts in place of the half of the water)
2 oz melted chocolate
t Tlbso cocoa powder
2 lbs powdered sugar (8 cups)

Place marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl and add water. Put in the microwave for about 20 seconds (it takes twice as long in my microwave), just long enough for them to soften and puff up. Take out and stir with a spoon until well combined. At this point it looks kind of soupy. Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder and sugar and mix and fold until well incorporated. Take it out of the bowl when it gets to the point where most of the sugar is incorporated and knead it by hand. This takes roughly 5-7 minutes. Roll with a fondant roller.

I only add about 1/2 of the powdered sugar when mixing it with the marshmallows. I coat my board with some of the sugar and then gradually add more sugar as needed during the kneading. You will probably not need to full 2 pounds. I usually start with about 4 cups powdered sugar (it all depends on the weather) and then add more, as needed, when it starts sticking to my hands. My first two attempts did not turn out at all and I found, through trial/error and research on the internet, that it was because I had added too much sugar and it caused the dough to crack and not mix well. It had to be thrown away. You will also want Crisco to coat your hands in (repeatedly) as you are kneading.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 12:32pm
post #11 of 11

I just made some of Rhonda's for the first time the other day and it was great. Needed some black for black cats, took very little black. Here is the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3193-1-Rhondas-Ultimate-Chocolate-MMF.html

Works up very close to her Ulitmate MMF

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%