What Color Ribbon Should I Use??

Decorating By ranbel Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 10:55pm by ranbel

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 6

I have a fall wedding cake this weekend and am struggling as to what color ribbon to use. The request was a fall theme, but no specifics. So, I am on my on.

I have flowers that are orange, burgandy, yellow and beige. I thought of going with a burgandy ribbon to help break up some of the orange and to me the deep color ribbon look more rich in color.

Tell me what you think. Oh, also, I have plans to cover my presentation board in gold foil paper.

5 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 6

The burgandy sounds nice, however I would keep it monocramatic to the icing because you already have a few colors and so it does not seem to busy.

HTH

gr8cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8cakemaker Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 6

I would go ahead with a burgundy ribbon....burgundy looks very rich with gold. With your color scheme and representing fall it should make the cake more eye catching...in a GOOD way!!! HTH

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 6

I just took a look at some autumn wedding cakes and here is one that may be similar to what you are trying to achieve....
see what you think....

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1271695.html

It looks like most of the autumn wedding cakes have a darker ribbon but I think even a tone of a yellow gold could certainly be pretty...I would probably do a burgandy or maroon though...

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 6

Just did a similar cake - fall , no specifics, we used purple and it was pretty.
LL

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 6

I think I have looked at every fall/autum cake on this site.

I too like the dark rich colors for fall. My cake will be 12/9 stacked then pillars with 6in on top. I am using the 9 in push pillars to give more room for lots of flowers on top of the 9in. I have to have a cake topper (bummer, I like flower on the top tier myself), but I hope to put some flowers on top with the bride/groom. I also, have to inc. a harley davidson m/c, so my thought was to put it on top of the 9in, since I don't have enough room on the 6in with a bride/groom.

What are your thoughts... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%