Stumped...need Help!

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 2:16am by kakeladi

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:12am
post #1 of 3

I have a last minute wedding cake order for Nov.2
The bride wants a 2 tier cake with a different texture on each layer, a bunch of flowers on top with 2 butterflies sticking out of them and she wants the colors to be cream, pink and brown.
I asked her what kind of flowers she wanted and she said to surprise her, her flowers are fuchsia.
So now I have to design a cake with cream, pink, brown and fuchsia, and have no clue what flowers to make?
My biggest speed bump is the colors; I just can't seem to see all those colors working.
I can see pink and brown but not all four?
And what to do about the flowers?
There is a big difference between a ribbon rose and a realistic rose?
I've asked her all I can and I guess she just doesnât know what she wants, but I can't make a cake when I don't know what the customer wants.
Any help?

2 replies
lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 1:35am
post #2 of 3

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1159064.html

This is a good cake for you to try. You should do ivory base, then brown and fuchsia.No pink, fuchsia is pink. I personally would make the flowers on top fuchsia and LARGER. You could do scrolls on one tier and swiss dots or something else on the other tier.
Good luck.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:16am
post #3 of 3

That is a nice idea lilyanddayne posted. It would look better if the top tier (round) was smaller....it looks to be an 8 or 9"er....I suggest a 6".
Those flowers on the top are ribbon roses. That should give you an idea of how different they are from realistic onesicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%