Funny And Sad Story About A Cake Order/delivery

Decorating By cakenewbe Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 5:34am by littlecake

cakenewbe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenewbe Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 21

Well, I am embarrassed to even write this but beyond the embarrassment, it is kind of stupid and funny.
Well, I had an order for a Bratz purse cake. I made it and I delivered it (it was absolutely beautiful in my opinion). She paid me for the cake and she was kind enough to give more than the price of the cake for the delivery. (to give you a little heads up I have only been taking cake orders for 3 months). So she hands me the money and I left with the money in my hand. I called my husband with excitement of the cake and the successful delivery and told him how much she paid me $85.00. Then I went to do some grocery shopping. Mind you I still had the money in my hand so when I started driving I put the money in between my legs, thinking that I will put it in my wallet when I get to the grocery store.
I went to the grocery store and did my shopping and got back in the car and remembered the money. I remembered putting it between my legs, but I couldnât remember putting it in my wallet. Well, long story short, this was a free cake. icon_sad.gif I guess when I got out of the car the money fell, and well, I guess it was a happy day for somebody, not for me. After 7 hours of slaving over the cake I got nothing.
I wasnât sure if I should be mad at myself or laugh out of stupidity. LOL

20 replies
terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 21

I'm sorry you lost the money. I've had similiar things happen to me too where I put the money in my pocket or some place and then it's gone. I know how heartbreaking it was for you.

scrapperjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapperjade Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 21

Oh no!! That has to be SO frustrating & sickening! I guess its lesson learned though... I bet you won't do THAT again!

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 21

Next time put it in your bosom like my aunt used to do. Heck..I do it too if i don't have any pockets. LOL

alidpayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alidpayne Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 21

OMG, I have done something similar in the past, only it was a $100 bill that I had stuffed in my bra because I had no pockets and was on foot. It made things worse that I was totally broke and needed the money VERY badly. That was a LONG time ago, and I learned a very valuable lesson.

So, I know you feel stupid, but just know that most of us have been there. Maybe the person that found the money really needed it.

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 21

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

(-Trying not to sound too hippy dippy-)
I truley believe in karma. And this money or good deed will come back to you. Maybe a woman found it, and now she can buy her children food for the week when they would of otherwise went hungry. You may have changed someones week, or life with your $85. It's easier to let this go when you think of it that way. icon_smile.gif

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 21

Well, I have one just as bad, my mother was handed $100.00 bill one afternoon for a payment, she had to go to the bathroom and you guess it! She used the $100. 00 bill in stead of the toilet paper. She did not even realize it until she already left the house and she thought she still had the money but it turned out to be the paper. Got to love those absent minded days!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 10:59pm
post #8 of 21

I'm sure you check up/down all over your car. I'm so sorry you lost your cash. We've all been there! It kinda sucks, but hard lesson and you know the lady will probably order another cake from you!! icon_smile.gif

lenabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lenabean Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 11:02pm
post #9 of 21

did you look undert the car seat that happened to me onces and the money was found under the seat a few days later

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 11:06pm
post #10 of 21

I can SOOO relate! All winter long I find my gloves lying on the ground next to the car. Sigh...

Many, many moons ago, in a previous life, I plopped a baggie full of ... oh... let's call it 'greenery'... on my lap. Hubby and I had a lovely dinner and when we returned to the car, guess what was lying on the ground next to the car? YIKES!

My dear cake decorator friend recently lost her wedding ring after placing it in her lap while she applied hand lotion. She drove to her destination, got out of the car (splat!) and didn't realize the ring was missing until she got home!!!

Why do we have such ridiculously SHORT attention spans?!?!!

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 11:16pm
post #11 of 21

That's so sad...I had a similar thing happen with my cell phone, money, keys, etc......I'm really absent minded at times.

alidpayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alidpayne Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:07am
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

My dear cake decorator friend recently lost her wedding ring after placing it in her lap while she applied hand lotion. She drove to her destination, got out of the car (splat!) and didn't realize the ring was missing until she got home!!!

Oh! This reminds me of my husband, several years ago. One night we were sitting watching TV and he suddenly realized his wedding ring was missing. We searched the house, his car, my car, everywhere we could think. He was devastated. A few days later he was at work (he is a butcher at a grocery store) and the manager called him up front. When he got up there a sweet little old lady was holding his wedding band. She got ready to fry some chicken and found a prize in her package, my husband's ring! icon_eek.gif It must have slipped off his finger as he was packaging the chicken. Thank goodness she took the time to bring it back to him! He doesn't wear it to work anymore.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:34am
post #13 of 21

A friend of mine lost the diamond out of her engagement ring, a big (4 or 5 caret) round solitaire. She searched her house, cut open the vacuum cleaner bag, had a plumber look in the drain traps all over the house. No diamond. She finally gave up and filed an insurance claim. The insurance paid the claim and she deposited the money.

A few months later she was standing in her driveway talking to a neighbor when something caught her eye, glinting in the sun at the edge of her lawn. Yup, her diamond, just lying on the ground in a high foot-traffic area beside her driveway. She paid back the insurance money. Crazy how things happen sometimes.

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:55am
post #14 of 21

gee do i feel your pain. their is no worse feeling i think than to lose money and 85.00 is alot these days. i am truly sorry and probably a 1000 people could say they are sorry and it will still hurt to have lost that money for all your hard work. its good that you can laugh about it tho. Have a great week!! icon_smile.gif

Angela

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:59am
post #15 of 21

That's horrible, but I think someone who needed it even more than you probably found it. I believe in karma too! You may have just made someone's day! Like the PP said, maybe someone used it to buy food for their kids or something. I'm sorry it happened to you - but thinking about it like that might help a little........

Michele01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele01 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:12am
post #16 of 21

I have done the same thing as you. Last year my mil gave us a $100 bill in a card for Christmas. Well I had the card in my lap the whole way home, and my husband stopped by Walmart on the way home from her house. I forgot the card was in my lap, and got out of the car, and never saw the money again. I looked EVERYWHERE. We looked through the car up, down, in, out. Drove up to Walmart to check the lot. Called the store to see if anyone turned it in, and we never found the money. I wanted to kick my butt for losing that, but I thought the same thing too that maybe I really made someone's Christmas special. You live and learn. icon_smile.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:17am
post #17 of 21

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I feel bad for you, but I know how this happened for I've lost my phone off my lap numerous times. I'm done doing that I must say. Live and learn I guess, I'm hoping something else will come your way to make up for the blessing someone else got. I like others pray it was someone in NEED that found it.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:28am
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Quote:

My theory is that we are totally fried by the time the order is finished and safely delivered... I crash and burn and for hours afterwards having experienced the adrenaline rush then the letdown.

I am sooo sorry for you and, call it what you may, I do think if you can release it to the thought that possibly it provided a blessing to someone else it will be easier to accept the loss. I know 85.00 was a hard one to lose; however. icon_cry.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:52am
post #19 of 21

I lost a check between the building and my van! It was after a wedding, bride gives me a check for the balance ... I put it in my pocket. I drive back to the shop and the check is gone.

On the good side, I sent an embarrassing email to her telling her I lost the check and requested a replacement with stop-payment fees deducted, so at least I got most of it back.

When I was a teenager, I lost a paycheck. It was only $60, but in 1974, when you're only 15 years old, that's a ton of money! I looked all over. Found it 4 months later ... I was using it for a bookmark in a book I had been reading! The check said "invalid after 60 days" so like an idiot, I tore it up, thinking, "Oh well, it's not any good now!" Someone told me later I could have turned it in and gotten a replacement check. (What did I know .... I was 15! dunce.gif )

Anyone ever driven off with your purse on top of the car? (as she slowly raises her hand, hoping others are raising their hand, too!). Any idea how far stuff in an unzipped purse can scatter along a highway when you haul-a$$ out of your driveway and it falls off of the roof of the car?

Here's the stupid part of that story (yeah ... it really does get stupid-er!). My sister and I were at the end of our driveway, waiting for traffic to clear. A car with a couple of guys in it was honking and waving. We thought they were flirting with us, so I hit the gas to follow them. Turns out they were trying to signal us that my purse was on top of the car! icon_redface.gif (What did I know .... I was 16! dunce.gif )

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 1:59am
post #20 of 21

Indydebi...............your a riot!!!!! All of your life I'm finding out, cute story there. icon_lol.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 5:34am
post #21 of 21

ugh...last easter i was so wore out i went home and didn't lock the front door...just forgot,

i get back to the shop and the cash register was emptied out of my change money, (about 100 bucks), they even took the quarters.

i was just thankful they didn't take anything else.

several years ago when i worked at albertsons, at christmas, the manager went off and left the whole store unlocked...people were coming in "shopping."

don't feel bad, we've all done it, but i bet you'll never do it again....like i double check the front door every day now, and don't leave a dime in the cash register.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%