Forgot Oil? Please Help!

Decorating By laurynrn Updated 9 Oct 2008 , 9:54pm by missmersh

laurynrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurynrn Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 6

So, I just get done making two 12" and one 8" for a layered wedding cake and as I'm mixing for my next several layers I realize that I forgot oil in the first batch!!! They are done now and I would love to know what ramifications do I have now with these cakes? Will they taste the same, will the texture be different?
icon_cry.gif

5 replies
laurynrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurynrn Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 6

update, so after levelling the cakes and having scraps to taste I don't really notice a huge difference? I am just super nervous about this cake because it's for a co-workers wedding. I was also told the wrong date so today is my only day to bake icon_eek.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 6

Did yyou taste it whe you level it? This has never happened to me, so I have no idea.
Edna

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 6

It's a wedding cake? And you're being paid for it?

Redo it.

Really, unless it's for family there's no excuse for serving cake that was made without fat from a recipe that included it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 9:44pm
post #5 of 6

I never add oil to my cakesicon_smile.gif As you found out they are just as good w/o the added caloriesicon_smile.gif

missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 9:54pm
post #6 of 6

how much oil are we talking about? 2 Tblsp? Or 1/3 cup? etc....

If it is only a couple of tablespoons...then I wouldn't worry about it. However, my white cake recipe calls for 1/3 cup per box, therefore, if that is the case, I would rebake. Cause the oil is added fat which will make a difference in the moistness factor. A couple of tablespoons (like in the pkg recipe will not make that big of difference)....

I have done that before and it really makes me mad at myself! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%