How To Determine Servings For Odd Sized Pans (Based On Wilto

Decorating By ZAKIA6 Updated 8 Oct 2008 , 1:39pm by ZAKIA6

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 6

Just wondering how to determine the servings for pan sizes which are not listed on the wilton chart.

For example, i have 5" pans and 7" pans - the wilton chart that i have doesnt show most of the odd or larger sized pans.

How can i give an estimated serving?

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 6

Cut yourself a paper pattern and mark off the size serving you want & counticon_smile.gif

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 9:14am
post #3 of 6

are you wanting round or square? square is easy determine you serving size ie 1.5"x2" then draw it up. odd round i can send you my charts although they serve less than wilton as i find wiltons serves too small personally

ZAKIA6 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 6

im figuring that maybe i will just use earlene's chart since she covers a wider selection of pan sizes......

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 6

I am pretty sure that is the one i use too, i drew up my cutting charts based on that guide. the only thing i did notice with that guide though was that on the right side where it has the tier sozes for stacked cakes with large servings some of them don't have the right servings so i worked out my own there.

ZAKIA6 Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:39pm
post #6 of 6

thanks. ill just use earlene's chard. i probably wont be using the larger sized pans so thats no problem for me anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%