Candy Barrel Cake

Decorating By BabyBear3 Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 8:41pm by BabyBear3

BabyBear3 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 6

After all the talk the other day about this fabulous Candy Barrel Cake, ya'll sparked my interest and I decided to give it a try! My DH came up with the idea to use Reese's Pieces instead of M&Ms because they are fall colors (and he loves them). Thank goodness for a husband who is a firefighter and they are willing to be guinea pigs!

Check it out!

5 replies
JoAnnB Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 6

I posted a photo comment, but I will add here that is looks great!

ThreeDGirlie Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 6

Great minds think alike! I am planning to decorate a chocolate cake w/peanut butter filling with Reese's Pieces in a starburst/flower pattern pretty soon...

Your cake turned out great. One question though: what is it like to cut and eat this kind of cake? I think they're a great idea, and very cute, but kind of overkill and totally overshading the actual cake. So what's it like? What did people think?

BabyBear3 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 6

He is taking it to the station tomorrow so I will let you know what he says when I talk to him after they cut it! I do agree that it overshadows the cake but it is a really cute idea for soemthing different! I will be interested to see how it sets up with the candy on top and if it makes a total mess when they cut it!

I'll let you know!!!!

hilly Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:25am
post #5 of 6

Definitely a super cute cake! I'm going to have to store this idea away.

BabyBear3 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 6

Ok, just got feeback from the fire station and they absolutely LOVED it! They said it's the best cake I've made so far for them! They ate most of th e reese's out of the top and then cut it!!! Not too bad of a mess they said!

Quote by @%username% on %date%