What Should I Charge For This Cake??

Decorating By alcotth Updated 27 Sep 2008 , 12:10am by loriemoms

alcotth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alcotth Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 6

Ok so I am doing a one tier, 4 layer white chocolate cake with raspberry filling and buttercream icing. It will have zebra print made from fondant laid on the top of the icing and then a funky gumpaste flower sticking out from the top. It's a 9" round. Each layer is about an inch and a half tall. Oh, and did I mention it's for an old flame... for his WIFE! LOL!

I have attached a picture that I created in photoshop as a template if that helps! If you right click and choose "show picture" it should work icon_smile.gif

Thanks!
LL

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 6

I would charge somewhere around $65. HTH

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:00am
post #3 of 6

I would love to post a reply and see the pic but I cant get it too open. Help!!!!

STephanie

tcbalgord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcbalgord Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:04am
post #4 of 6

I agree $65 at a minimum....there is a lot of work here not to mention that you are doing what i call "specialty" flavors.

Love the design and good luck!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:09am
post #5 of 6

this will be a beautiful and scrumtious tasting cake..... charge at least $65.00 ........ and up to $75.00.... you can get it!!!! hth

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:10am
post #6 of 6

I cant see the photo either (that seems to be going around...a bug in the software maybe?) but if you are doing a zebra print, did you know that people like Lucks have zebra print ediable images now? they are cool looking!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%